Guild guitars

EugeneSmasher

Hey all,

I've known about Guild guitars for quite a long time now but I've never seen one in the flesh. I checked the website and the official dealer is Swee Lee, but I haven't seen any Guilds at Swee Lee.

So yeah, anyone here knows where I can try them out, and perhaps anyone here has experience with Guild guitars?

Thanks!

I saw before at sims drive, its opposite the counter, at the section where the tacoma and gibson acoustics are hanging.

Near the drum area. IIRC.

Oh no wonder. I've always been going to the Bras Basah outlet. Will visit Sims Drive Swee Lee on my next off-day. Thanks for the info! :)

The last time i visited there was over a year ago, but at that period I visited time once a forthnight.

I'm not sure if they have any left over, but I recall seeing at least 2 guilds there.

My USA pre-fender Guild JF30-12 :D

Guild1.jpg

Guild2.jpg

For those who aren't so interested in guitar history, Guild was bought over by Fender a few years ago. They shifted production to a new factory in the USA, and created a lower line acoustic series made in the USA called Guild Acoustic Design (GAD). On my overseas trip last year, managed to try a few Guild acoustics, i felt that the China made ones were definitely not worth the money. The pre-fender Guilds were made with slightly more attention to detail compared to the new USA made ones.

I would say go for a 2nd hand one online! plus, these older Guilds are becoming more n more collectible :D

I always thought the Guild Bluesbird would make a nice alternative to the Les Paul, but never had the chance to try one.

Oh ok. Easier to obtain and try Blueridges too. Great service from the Maestro Concept Store the last time I went there to try an OM. Thanks! :)

Back