Gibson USA Les Paul Studio 50's Tribute

Whitestrat

I am probably going to regret posting this. Because by posting this, I run the risk of getting these all sold out before I even get a chance to try one at Swee Lee.

This is slated for June 15 USA launch. Check out the pics:

No, your eyes are not deceiving you. That's a VOS/BFG hybrid styled finish. And those ARE Orange Drop Caps in a Gibson Les Paul... Stock!

And the best bit? The price... Slated for USD$899 MSRP.

I'm shooting for one... Who else is game????

Heh... This is something I'll get purely because of the price... I wonder when it'll appear locally. Have sent an email to Swee Lee. Patiently awaiting a response...

Heh, looks good. But for now, Teles are my thing. Pauls are second in line. Plus this is the Studio version. I much prefer a standard, classic or custom. Way outta my reach though.

Last edited:
i got a Tokai LS145s instead.
same thing, even the orange drop caps but with no chambered body and with binding and long tenon neck :)
i paid abt S$300 more than the MSRP here.

but the gibson lp studio sounds like a sweet deal regardless. the chambered body should lead to livelier cleans! two thumbs up i say

Last edited:
but the gibson lp studio sounds like a sweet deal regardless. the chambered body should lead to livelier cleans! two thumbs up i say

Chambered!!!! I'm super tempted in this case!!! Swee Lee has reverted. The price is $1599 nett. Coming in Q3. I'm there man!!!! Need a goldtop to replace my Slash!

I wonder what kind of neck it'll have. 50's spec? If so, then it's perfect for me!

looks too similar to my Edwards...
edwards%2B4.JPG

but would give it a try nevertheless.

i feel like getting one leh... lol. are there really going to be just 120 in production for each colors ??

Sian why no hardcase!

Back