FS: Goodall CJC Port Orford Cedar with Madagascar Rosewood

mark1760

I would like to sell this concert jumbo model cutaway (CJC) which sports a mastergrade Port Orford Cedar top and an very beautiful of set Madagascar rosewood back and sides. It is getting rare to find guitar with Madagascar rosewood of such looks nowadays

Port Orford Cedar is an aromatic wood (indeed this guitar smell nice) and is stiff and light. Port Orford Cedar is often described as a combination of Sitka spruce and Cedar. It is rich and responsive with a punchy tone.

As you may know Madagascar rosewood is often viewed as the closest tonewood to the holy grail of tonewood (Brazilian Rosewood), which gives responsive, dynamic and crisp tone. Madagascar rosewood is under Appendix II of CITES, so it is rather difficult to get one nowadays

Pairing them together results in a tone that is full and rich in overtones.

This guitar is setup by our great local luthier Malcolm Tan. So the playability of this guitar is fantastic.

Full Specifications
Body Style : Concert Jumbo model
Cutaway : Venetian
Top : Port Orford Cedar
Back & Sides : Madagascar rosewood
Bindling : Flame maple
Rosette : Abalone with black and white lines
Neck : Mahogany
Nut Wide : 1 3/4"
Scale Length : 25.5"
Fingerboard : Ebony
Fingerboard Inlay : Mother of pearl diamond inlays
Headstock : Madagascar rosewood
Headstock Logo : Premium mother of pearl
Tuners : Chrome Gotoh 510 Mini tuner with ebony buttons
Bridge : Ebony
Saddle : Bone
Nut : Bone
Pickguard : Transparent pickguard

This guitar has a slight discoloration at the lower bout. However this discoloration can only be seen when guitar is tilted at certain angle.

I would like to sell this guitar at $7000. Contact me via WhatsApp at 9687 4373 if interested.

Back