Floyd rose tuning

RyanZ

Dear All,

I just changed the strings on my guitar but I could not get the Low E string in tune. Why is this so? Please help...

The problem is once I got the other strings in tune, the Low E will go out of tune. Once I got my Low E in tune, the rest of the strings will go out of tune? What caused this? Any one please advise.

only thing... is patience.... hehe

make sure the trem is balance... if im not wrong ... all FR default on using the .42 guage... so try using this guage and avoid the others....

For the record, I hate Floyds. Such a pain in the a$$ to intone and tune up after changing strings, and keeping it tuned. :cool:

Yea man.........but if u get a gd 1 like the EDGE or ZR, both frm Ibanez that shldn't be too much of a prob. Btw, i'm thinking of changing my gauge to 10-46s or 10-50s. My guitar is EDGE-equipped. Will it affect tuning? Sry 4 hijacking :mrgreen:

Yea man.........but if u get a gd 1 like the EDGE or ZR, both frm Ibanez that shldn't be too much of a prob. Btw, i'm thinking of changing my gauge to 10-46s or 10-50s. My guitar is EDGE-equipped. Will it affect tuning? Sry 4 hijacking :mrgreen:

Mine is the Edge 3. Good enough?

yes it will..

to ryan .. edge 3 isnt a good edge trem , it wears out pretty fast compared to the edge pro's or the lo edge pro's or the orginal edges

hmmm, never had much of a tuning up prob wid mi floyd equipped guitars last time, i juz over tune up my strings e.g. E to F#, A to B etc... for the first 2 times i tune through, den i stretch and then tune up abt 2-3 times through, abuse the whammy(with the locking pads unlocked), bend all over the place, and tune back up, and juz abuse my strings for the next couple of days, then it stays in tune

want a floyd guitar? this is the price to play, but it will stay in tune when it finally settles in...btw, i grew fed-up of floating trems and prefer fixed bridges now =P

Back