floyd Rose bridge buzzing..

The-Warlord

Hi folks
I've got an Ibanez S470DQXM. The floyd rose bridge buzzes like crazy if the play the guitar hard. Its sitting flush with the body and all that, so its not my setup. When i squeeze it, it seems to stop. I cant find any loose screws...it seems to me the bridge is too big for the space and buzes agasint the side? where should i take this to get it looked at? I ask becasue the person has to be able to do body mod if needed...

thanks

Do the following test.

Hold the guitar as per how you would normally do so, then...

Strike 1 string HARD, check for buzzing.

If the string buzzes, strike it again, and while the is a buzz, touch the same string's saddle @ the trem, the buzzing should stop.

Does it happen like so?

ShredCow said:
Do the following test.

Hold the guitar as per how you would normally do so, then...

Strike 1 string HARD, check for buzzing.

If the string buzzes, strike it again, and while the is a buzz, touch the same string's saddle @ the trem, the buzzing should stop.

Does it happen like so?
No, i have to touch the whle bridge for it to stop

See if you can tighten the joints holding the ZR trem to the guitar.

Its probably that.

But first, open up the trem cavity, and look for any rattling parts when the strings are vibrating.

ShredCow said:
See if you can tighten the joints holding the ZR trem to the guitar.

Its probably that.

But first, open up the trem cavity, and look for any rattling parts when the strings are vibrating.
Opened it up, nothing rattling...cant tighten anything...:(

relax dude...its prolly some inconspicuous problem which is only tangible when played. :wink:

kid_slacker said:
relax dude...its prolly some inconspicuous problem which is only tangible when played. :wink:
Ive had it since i got the guitar, over a year. Ive never been bothered to tackle it until now.

I suspect its really a saddle buzz.

Lets reconfirm this, EVERY string you pick hard on, results in buzzing? AT the bridge?

sometimes..ignoring juz doesnt do..

well..i tink its better if the person sees ur guitar..well..juz offer to go over to a helpful's place for diagnosis..well..tt is if u have the time.

Back