Finding Drumming Lessons

TehDrummer

hopefully its in a studio and have exams to take with certs ...
price must be reasonable,individual or class ...preferebly near novena or bishan

if you're new go to yamaha or MDS. if you've been playing for a while take from private teachers like Rhythm House, Jimmy, etc etc...

well if i take private lessons how to i take exams and get my certs?
is there a place to do that?
andand i mean private lessons maybe not in studio...

There's also Ossia Music school.
http://www.ossia.edu.sg/
Planning to go there after my NS 3 years later. My last lesson at Yamaha on 20th :p

Btw, if you want private lessons, or from what I guess, individual 1-to-1 lessons, Yamaha and Ossia offers them.

Last edited:
i mean exams are not really important as they are just benchmarks to see your progress at a beginner stage. if you really have to, i guess you can just sign up as a "private" candidate without actually taking lessons from that school..

but if you're a serious drummer i don't think taking exams is very important unless you're talking about snare drum practicals in ABRSM which i think is fine and i might be taking grade 2 next year. haha...

i find the whole of yesterday near the area but theres no school that teaches drum or maybe i miss out...hmmm
anyone?

From my friends who live around there, there are 1-2 music schools, only piano/violin.

Singapore is small enough that limiting yourself by locality doesn't really make sense.

Going by your first post - Yamaha @ PS.

Tony Zee

You may wanna try Tony Zee...he teaches at swee lee music now.
Very good teacher, soft spoken yet solid.

Patrick and Jimmy from Music Clef are quite good teachers. Music Clef is situated at suntec though.

You can apply for Trinty Guildhall international exams during the mid year and/or end of year privately but im not really sure how to go about applying though.

Interested to take up drum lessons.
Total beginner. Hope to improve on rhythm, jazz style and interesting time signatures.
I've heard of Rhythm House and they seem too pro for my needs.

How do you practise alone outside of lessons? Rent a studio?

Any recent testimonial on your own inspiring drum teacher?

I'm new to drums and considering taking up lessons with a friend of mine. There's a school in Siglap called the 'Academy of Rock'. Pricing is somewhat similar to the other schools around. 4X45mins (group of 2) for $100. Anyone has other schools to recommend? In fact, i was thinking of taking up lessons in JB! There are Yamaha schools that charge RM100 for 30mins (group lessons).

Back