fender's 2 point synchronized tremolo.

teleplayer

anyone tried this before? I was wondering if you could pull the tremolo bar upwards like a floyd rose... the only difference between floyd rose and fender 2 point synchronized is it the locking part only?

A quick check on the Swee Lee online store, Fender website, and our own Photo (Gear) Gallery would reveal that there are plenty of models out there that has the 2 point system. In fact the 2 point system has been adapted by other guitar manufacturers as well.

Not much of a difference between the 2 point system and a 6 point system. They both CAN be pulled upwards, but not by much. You just need to properly set up the trem bridge and let it slightly float, as depicted in the picture:

assetto-floating-VT.jpg

with some adjustments to the neck tilt and the two screw pivot posts, it is possible to make the bridge float high enough for it to be pulled backwards. a good set of tuners would help in keeping the guitar in tune.

^Yes. Divebombs can done on pretty much any of the above trems.

Pulls ups would depend on the range that the bridge and bridge cavity (if any) allows you to.

But the squeal is not just about pulling up the trem. In fact, squeals can also be done on a fixed bridge, as shown here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I5O8P-r5Rk

Last edited:
On a Normal 6 pt tremolo has its fulcrum touching the guitar body. Technically, On a 2 pt tremolo, the fulcrum is rested on the two precision posts which are height adjustable. by adjusting the neck tilt (e.g. adding shims), you may need to compensate the height adjustment of the two posts higher so that a playable action is attained. as a result, even at 0 degree, there will be some clearance between the trmolo and the guitar body. the tremolo would practically be 'floating'. The rest is upto your imagination... but of course, there is the long standing debate about guitar tone and floating bridges.

THOA: I was thinking if it's possible to use the tremolo to do squeal+divebomb at the same time. lol..

Might as well go with the floyd cause from what i know and learnt,you'll need lots of up and down action from the bridge and this means ALOT!

So in conclusion,the 2 or 6 point tremolo can achieve the squeal+divebomb but not to the extent like what dimebag does.

I was somehow attracted to dean from hell CFH... haha a lot of people said dimebag preferred bill lawrence... and CFH isn't as expensive as USA ones..

Well because its crafted in Korea and doesnt have all the best hardware thats on the USA ones.

Back