Fender neck profile questions for the experts

L3stat

Hi guys, I ran a search on this but didn't find anything really relevant, wish to tap some expert knowledge.

Fender describes its neck profiles as Modern C, C, Fat C, among others, but neglects to specify the thickness of the necks (e.g. 1st fret, 12th fret etc). Does anyone know what these profiles equate to in terms of neck thickness? Also, did these definitions change over the years with different models?

I prefer fatter necks and wider (43mm/1.687") nuts, with rosewood fretboards. Are there any models I should look into for that combination? Been looking at their current selection and don't see any like that, and don't wish to go custom shop either. Thanks!

Amongst all the fenders I've played with, the Fender SRV has the fattest neck. I find the neck very comfortable. But nonetheless, I think measurements alone are not enough, you really got to try it out. Another really nice neck is on the Peavey Wolfgang.

I think the Jeff Beck one is the thickest. Honestly, I found the SRV signature necks quite thin. Definitely not the thickest I've tried.

Back