Female musician for rock metal?

rhythm_

Hi guys... Check with u all, has any band ever tried a female musician for rock and metal? Voice can get those type of Punch" or not? Juz curious Hahaha~

=D lol. my friend's in a metal band now! but its just starting out so yeah. see how it goes. heh. =)

but i've yet to really see any perform at gigs before. would love to see how it all turns out! =)

There are...;)

If you are active in the local metal scene, you`re see plenty...

There is this all girls band FDM...who peform in local metal acts before =)

Haha. That's the prob for me. I'm pretty active in local gigs but not the metal scene. I'll keep a lookout for the band you mentioned! =)

Punch? Pain eh.

We've tried doing Enter Sandman, but my voice can't really cut it - not rough enough. But we do it anyway.

Basically I guess every vocalist has his/her own specialty. Some people can't force a genre onto her singing, some people have voices made for a specific sort of music. Then again anyone can go for a different style altogether - who knows what'll come up.

do you mean female vocalists that "growl"
or sing clean vocals in a metal/rock band? :p

Hahah. There r many female gore/screech vocalists out there. Europeans, yes, mostly. It's like u listen to the song, then some1 tells u thtz a female vocalist, n u go :smt104 Especially when its gore..brutal death spongebob gore.

Well there used to be a female vocalist called Leather from the states who sang for the band Chastain. Power/Heavy Metal and she had ALOT of Punch! Am myself a female vocalist, sing Power, Heavy & Speed metal. There are not many gals in singahell who sing clean power vocals. Most of em growl aka Arch Enemy, or try to do the Nightwish soprano thingy. There are more gals in the indie scene.

guys check out this band called Guano Apes...

the female vocalist's voice is in my opinion PERFECT for rock.
and their songs kick ass too...

song name is - You Cant Stop Me

cheshire said:
Am myself a female vocalist, sing Power, Heavy & Speed metal. There are not many gals in singahell who sing clean power vocals. Most of em growl aka Arch Enemy, or try to do the Nightwish soprano thingy. There are more gals in the indie scene.

wow... are you in a band?
i didn't know there were any female vocalists in the metal scene..
can you give me examples of local bands that has female vox that growls or does the soprano thingy?
wanna check them out... :D

ChanMin said:
guys check out this band called Guano Apes...

the female vocalist's voice is in my opinion PERFECT for rock.
and their songs kick ass too...

i second that. one of the best rock voices on a female i've heard in a long time.. blew me away first time i heard it :p

Back