Ernie Ball Silouhette Discussion

Phanto

anybody have any information about the ernie ball silo(guitar)
just wanting to know if anyone owns this, or has tried this and opinions on it, im rather interested to get one.

NanoShred has an EBMM Silo in HSS as his main guitar, maybe he could chime in.

I'm not YET a Silo player, but am juggling with my current options. I'm intending to get an SSS guitar next, and have narrowed down to the SSS Silo Special and the Albert Lee. Still waiting for a friend of mine in Australia to send me his review on both of these guitars so it can help with my decision.

EBMM guitars (and basses) are absolutely top notch, and their customer service is just second to none. Quality of instruments is very high, they never let a guitar that's not up to their high QC standard out of their factory. And if one has, they'll replace it for free. Any Musicman players on the board can vouch for the high quality of their instruments. They are willing to service your guitar too, provided that you pay for the shipping fees.

The main difference between the Silo and Silo Special are frets and pickup combinations. The first one is available in HSH/HSS and 24 frets, the later is available in SSS/HSS in 22 frets. The SSS have built-in silent circuit, so the pickups won't hum; the pickups are basicall DiMarzio Virtual PAFs. It comes with piezo as an option too. Not sure about the price of a Silo, but last time I checked, the AL is around S$3,300 without the piezo option. I've played the Silo a few times, its neck is nice and meaty (think Fender), and I can't comment enough on how well the guitar is built. The cleans from the singles are just beautiful, has a sort of ringing quality to it.

yeah got my eyes on a early 1990s model. Silo with 24 frets, locking floyd rose trem. S-S-S pickup combi. From all the reviews i read seems like a really decent guitar, just wondering why not many of us softies own EBMM guitars, or maybe they do but never talk about them.

Yep Nanoshred is my guitar teacher! his is a later model i think. H-S-H

i have a steve morse model and a stingray5(sold). Imho, ebmm is workhorse instrument. Meant to be played a lot and not look at it too much.
Can be fanciful, but still a piece of wood with strings that has no life on its own

in my case, the bad part was both instrument have finishing crack developed on its own after a while :lol:
Although both instrument are in hardcase both of the time, it still happen.

Pathein: If you got it the moment you opened your case, you can actually ask them to change the body for you. Seen it done a few times, but if you're really fussy for keeping your guitars in perfect condition EBMM would gladly change the body for you.
But I really dig EBMM guitars, look-wise too! Haha... Maybe I'm bland...

Phanto: Yup, EBMM is really really good. Just that there aren't many models for us local to try out, and get to know their guitars. I've kept on urging Sinamex to bring in more models for people to try out, but they normally encounter two problems. Firstly, EBMM guitars aren't really big locally, they are afraid of non moving stock. On the other hand, once the EBMM guitars are in, they are usually sold within a month, so others won't be able to try them, and the waiting time usually is 6 months. I know, contradicting, but :roll:
But I've finally persuaded them to bring in a top of the line JP, hopefully this will impress the local shredders.

Anyway, since the FR Silo you're talking about is out of production, GET IT! If not, please pass the offer to me... lol...

hmm maybe yours is an isolated case. Room Temperature maybe? or singapore weather?

The EBMMs seem to remain "mint-like" if taken good care of even after a span of 5 years.

a pic of a recent model EBMM Silo. H-S-H

this ones got rosewood fingerboard and a nonlocking trem.

its a early 90s model =) MINE.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..............................
:lol:

Anyway, congrats on the purchase!
If you ever want to sell it, you know where to find me ;-)

Hey, that's foggy's Dargie Delight, GW's 20th Anniversary Silo, and Tristen's Black Sparkle Silo Spec...
All of which are NOT available anymore...

I can't believe I actually know who are the owners of these guitars... 8O

I seriously need to get a life now... :?

LOL!

It's a must visit page for me whenever I'm online!
Like a kid watching a MARS bar...
Waiting for any new stuff that's hitting stores...
I've got an EB wah and a BFR on order once they announced it on the board.

Anyway, have been kicking myself for sometime for NOT getting the 20th. The tone is just heavenly, best PAF tones I've ever heard. And the figure on it is just o_O

indeed, get your MM quickly, then we can have a club.

such a light playable guitar. fallen in love.

Phanto: Not that I don't want to be quick... The ETA is around August... So... Sigh, need to wait for a few more months... The Silo/AL is my next purchase; if the JP7 doesn't tempt me.
Leecs is a JP player too...

Pathein: It's the fingers that do the magic la... I guess everyone knows that... But the workmanship of the EBMM just makes you wonder why not all guitars are like that.

yeah, workmanship is good. But after seeing both ebmm instrument i have having the same problem(i seldom play with it, so its been inside case with silica gel most of the time and yet the cracks happen).

heh, i also give up liao. Cudnt be bother with either expensive of cheap guitar nor too much into admiring wood

i just like something that feels comfy, neckwise, weight and sounds fine. The guitar is comfy for me =p

Back