Enquiry on Boss DD3 repair

kzy

Hi guys, recently my boss DD3 have fails on me. i would like to ask if anyone know where can i send my DD3 for repair? Or guide me on how to DIY repair it?

The faults:

when the pedal is on, no signal can go though. it will act like a mute pedal.
But when i plug it in to the direct out, all signal is able to go though the pedal.

Thanks in advance!

Start first on the parts which are prone for mechanical failures like pots and switches. If you turn on the pedal, try to play with the switches and rotary knobs like gently pushing or pulling the knobs while turning. Try to explore and if you can hear something, even if intermittent, that will be a good lead to solving the issue.

hey zoom, thx for e reply. i did try moving/pulling/pushing e knobs... its not working at all. there's something blocking the signal to the output. when i use direct out.. it juz bypass the pedal. i m thinking of some components might be spoiled. need help on how to trouble shoot the internals parts.. >.<

Hi. I see. If that is the case, do you have access to the internal circuitry? If there are some burnt components/cold solder joints/disconnected pins, this might give some ideas on where the issue is. Plus, you may also post a picture of the pcb here so that lots of people here can give you ideas.

If everything looks normal on the pcb circuit, that will be tougher. it may require someone skilled in troubleshooting to find the root cause.

Hey KZY,

If the Direct Out works with the effects doing it's job, then it might be the output jack... Think you may be having a more severe case than Doug's...

Tosh79,

The schematic is very nice.

Kzy,

Do you have a multimeter? Can you check the dc voltage reading of the 78L05 input and the output. You should have 9v and 5v respectively.

Back