electronic kits

lepids

hi all.. mind to tell us what model of electronic kit are u using and what housing type are u staying in?
thanks!

DTXpress III Standard in a 4 room flat. Read the comment I wrote in the other post "DTXpressII"

drumdead, u bought ur yamahas from yamaha i supposed? can i ask u some qns?
how much did u pay? was the response good? did it lag due to wear and tear? i'm quite afraid this will happen... so need to ask u guys for opinions on this.

input_output, how much is ur roland? i'm thinking of either the TD3 or TD6.. hmmm. need to save up first..

lastly, do u guys put carpet? mind to post pics? :D http://tinypic.com/ is a place to upload ur photos if u dun have a website.. :D

yo, i got my rolands 2nd hand, it was in very good condition, not much wear and tear due to a lady drummer who lost interest. paid abt 2k for it.

y dun u try the new td6 kit at swee lee, have a feel for it first. last i asked, they quoted me abt 2k plus. not too sure if they carry the td3 kit tho, dat should be relatively cheaper

i suppose carpeting will help, depends on the type of kick trigger u have, mine is the KD7. its bound to send vibrations tru the floor since the construction of the trigger is as such. if u have a vertical trigger like a yamaha or other roland triggers, it might lessen the vibrations to your downstairs neighbours somewhat.

hope dat helps

just went there yesterday.. about 2.3k without pedals.
TD 3 is about 1.7k.. checked it out. the KD8. i'm suppose that's the kind u are referring to?

btw, any complaints from your neighbours? :D
does the response change due to wear and tear? because i read from somewhere in the pearl forum that a guy using the roland kit complained that response deteriorates after 2-3 years of use..

anyway, i think they are having some sale. bought my sticks at a discount.. rockstar custom going for 1.4k.. usual 1.8k.. TD6 was 3.7k plus..now 2.3k.
just some FYI.

1.7k aint so bad, dunno if they accept installments. did u as if the would sell u juz the module itself?

anything detiorates with time, its juz a matter of how often u play and how hard u hit or how properly managed the kit is.
no compliants so far but my cut off playing time is abt 2300 hrs

wat kinda sale? thinkin of upgrading my PD6 to an 8 inch mesh head snare.
either a PD80r or id juz make my own if its too expensive

sigh........
im a gearaholic

input_output said:
yo drumdead, how are the spunds on the dtxpress III? is yours the one pictured at luthermusics site?
http://luthermusic.com/cgi-bin/WB_ItemPageGen.pl?t=1099421271&Pid=234&Gid=4010100
if so, hows the hihats doin for ya?
non movable rite??

oh yeah, mine is a roland v club kit in a 3 room HDB

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by "Spund".

My set is the Standard version where the hi-hat is like the pad themselves with a seperate hi-hat controller for the foot. I tried the special version where it is mounted to a normal hi-hat stand and it felt really great! I'll be getting those hi-hat and cymbal (with "bell) pads when it's available.

Frankly, I don't like the Standard hi-hat coz it doesn't feel natural. But I just play with it for now, better hitting it than hitting nothing. If u want to buy the DTXpressIII get the Special version. It's way cooler!

lepids said:
drumdead, u bought ur yamahas from yamaha i supposed? can i ask u some qns?
how much did u pay? was the response good? did it lag due to wear and tear? i'm quite afraid this will happen... so need to ask u guys for opinions on this.

input_output, how much is ur roland? i'm thinking of either the TD3 or TD6.. hmmm. need to save up first..

lastly, do u guys put carpet? mind to post pics? :D http://tinypic.com/ is a place to upload ur photos if u dun have a website.. :D

Yamaha's service is pretty good. I have could check out my drum kit and if there is any damage due to the manufacturer, I could send it back. It's their policy. I bought a few stuf from yamaha, they have good service. If there are some people who think otherwise, I am quite sure it's just a one-off.

hahaha
spund is sound, typo
well do they sell the hi hat by itself?? dunno if there mite be compatibility issues. havent been to yamaha for so long.
any probs with double triggering on any of the pads?

i know yamaha service is good on the sales side. but they are just overpriced!! :D the only electronic kit which has the hi hat like an acoustic kit is the TD20 and it's about 10k+.. :D oh yes, they do sell modules also and that is the same price as with the kit(mesh heads or rubber heads, depending which kit) as quoted. kind of insane..
i'm looking at the TD6 onwards.. so starting to save up.. :( they do accept instalments by credit card. what a shame..

double triggering depends on the module.

cymbal with bell? i think only the DTxtreme has this function.. :D
oh yah, if u want to replace roland pads.. don't know if this is good news.. it's about 700 dollars per V pad.. :(

i think drummers must have a certain amount of wealth to own a kit!!!!!

TD20 was launched last yr and DTexpress new series this year.. if i'm not wrong, based on this kind of pattern, a new kit will be coming out soon!! hope they integrate the bell, "like-real hi hats", cheaper modules but good also, give drummers the "permission to play anytime".. :D at night can't sleep might want to practise til tired.. :p

cymbal with bell? well it depends on wat module and wat pads u have
the td6 supports bell bow and edge souns if your cymbal is a three zone.
u can mute it too.

its juz insane to be payin abt the same price for juz a roland module... sigh..
and which roland pads are u talking abt? i think mesh heads for snare, the pd 120 or 100 is abt 300 sing dollars

td20 is as expensive as a full blown acoustic kit
but between the 2, id get the edrums, due to the nature of my house
heheh

most ekits now have choke and edge sounds. now i'm referring to the bell.. if u look at the Dtextreme(discontinued), that kit was 5k+. it has a bell on top of the ride.. and AFAIK, roland kits with the CY-15R(in TD10 and TD20) has this bell technology.
i've tried the TD-8 when it was on display at swee lee.. amazing.. i like the sounds and the feel of it.
TD20 is amazing for its price! can change cymbals size, add rivets, sizzle.. change size of kick drums.. for 10k and such a versatile kit, it's definitely worth it.. :D close ur eyes and play.. hahaha.. maybe u will feel that the hi hat seems abit soft(due to the rubber material), other than that, it feels real!!! :D

regarding the pads, maybe i'll check again. 300 dollars for one pad.. hmm, abit steep though.

oh mine, this is crazy. i'm typing this at 2.41am because i can't sleep and it's because i keep thinking of having one billion dollars. :p

input_output said:
hahaha
spund is sound, typo
well do they sell the hi hat by itself?? dunno if there mite be compatibility issues. havent been to yamaha for so long.
any probs with double triggering on any of the pads?

The "Spund" is pretty good :lol: !!

There is no compatability problem coz the difference between the Standard and the SPecial are the accesories like the cymbal pads and curved rack. They have the same module: the DTXpressIII

does anyone know if yamaha sells replacement pads? or extra pads like roland does? yah.. dtxpress 3 module is the same.. they add one more cymbal and curved the rack.
like that almost 400 diff.. :p

kill me.. :p can save up buy one percussion module liao..

heya guy, seems like not many ppl are replyin to this thread. wat a shame. was hoping to hear from more edrummers in sg. i think many drummers think of edrums and they will immidiately think, oh the sounds are too technoish.

i was concerend abt compatibility issues between the hi hat and roland modules. hehe, should've been more specific .

oh well. this is sg.. :p i guess many of them have a pre-conceived idea of ekits and shunned them.. i didn't know how an ekit sound.. so i went and tried it and it just sounds almost like an acoustic.

okie, regarding ur hi hat qns.. are u talking bout roland hi hats or yamaha hi hats? roland hi hats with roland modules(depending which one). ]
if hi hat pads were that expensive, i will consider getting a real hi hat and muffle it. :D can use it for my church also. :p

currently using cy6 as the hihat trigger, only dual zone, and chokable. tis better den usin a pd6 pad but, im not quite happy wit the hi hat controller. was thinkin of changin either to a yamaha hh controller plus the hh trigger or juz upgrade to a new roland hi hat controller. depends on the price of kos.
incoporating a real hihat wit an ekit has its own problems, are u gonna hook it up to pa? getting the sound level to mix wit the acoustic hihat or vice versa mite be tricky. have not tried tho. have u gotten any gear yet or still in thinkin phase??
heh :eek:

ok.. let me try and reply one by one..
"incoporating a real hihat wit an ekit has its own problems, are u gonna hook it up to pa?"

a real hi hat(muffled properly with mutes) are for home practice. for recording via mixer, of cos there will be mics dedicated to it. i just did a recording in church.. and yah, my church mics the acoustic drums. depends, personal preference for whoever is drumming. some like to record using ekits. i prefer an acoustic kit. add a module with some pads(maybe a percussion module), i will use it for the sounds effects i cannot acheive in the acoustic kit available bah.. hope u roughly get the idea bah.
that is if my hi hat going to spoil that kind.. i will change to real hi hats. depends lah.. got pros and cons in everything.

i only got a few sabian cymbals with me. cos i dun like my church cymbals.. so i bought some which are of my taste lor. :) other than that, saving up for one ekit though. then do some recording with the laptop to hear my flaws.. :) that's what i plan to do with ekit at home.

for the changing of hi hats as u mentioned.. that one i'm not too sure whether u can use a yamaha pad on a roland module. maybe u can ask and let me know.. :D

i was just looking at the TD 6 again to see the CY6 and PD6 u mentioned.. hmm, why is it better to use the CY6 rather than the PD6? u mind to explain abit? for the choke part difference? can i ask u if the PD6 is not dual trigger ar? :D

i gathered some information regarding the reliability.. dunno if it helps. the VH-12 is the hi hat in the TD20.. but they also sell the VH-12 separately(i think for ppl using TD20 to use the VH-12 either as replacment or spare... shrugs). but the VH-12 is designed to work with the TD20 as mentioned in the web. so there's a slight chance that u connect yamaha HH controller, it MIGHT not work.

Back