EDIROL dealer

What do you need from Edirol that's not replaceable by other brands?

Perhaps call Swee Lee? Since Edirol is a subsidiary of Roland, they may try to bring it in.

Swee Lee did have some Edirol stuff (I think I saw the FA101, UM1-EX and a controller keyboard ? PCR-M30 in Dec 05)

Another store that carries Edirol stuff is: http://store.brooklyn-media.com/

Tom Lee is a good place to look for Edirol stuff if you happen to be in HK.
Eg: bought my Edirol PCR-1 there for ~$275 w/o bargaining.
Brooklyn Media charges $330 and you have to wait for delivery.

Service at Tom Lee is very good too. (No fear about "bad" HK service these days).

Additional tip: The Roland VariOS which is not available here is found there at a good price ~S$1,200+; better than most if not all of US's internet dealers' price. Too bad they were out of stock and could not replenish in time for my flight.

Yesh, sweelee carries some edirol stuff. But I personally feel that edirol is a bit too pricey. Might want to consider alternative brands.

Does anyone remember/know how much their FA101 firewire interface is going for? Im interested to get it after reading some v favourable reviews and on spec it seems to beat the maudio 1814.

I remembered its more than 1k the last time I checked (December 05).

Why not get a presonus firepod? It's also 10 in, 10 out. But it doesn't have ADAT, if you're looking for it. Also, the firepod has 8 mic preamps, so who needs ADAT?

Thanks Kithsa for mentioning the firepod. I'm looking for a good multiple in/out firewire interface for my laptop. I will look into the reviews for the firepod. Meanwhile, it seems that the M-Audio Firewire 1814 has very bad interfacing issues/drivers. Check out the user reviews on Harmony Central.

Aye. I also had the same dilemna as you, and decided to avoid the M-audio on account of its interfacing problems and my lack of an ADAT based device, as well as its unbalanced outputs.

Meanwhile, my Firepod is working well with no issues. For something that costs only 1.1K, it stands pretty well against the Traveller and the FA101, I think.

Back