Earth Hour!

seekz

I went out to grab some coffee, and was surprised to see a half lit starbucks.

staron.jpg

Decided to join in the fun and do earth hour here at Sound Alchemy as well
The guitars never looked sexier!

samd.jpg

There's still half an hour more, turn off your lights for earth hour!

yeah man, it was today, technically i was out during that one hour or so,So in a sense i did my part too? =):p

ahahhaa chaserr: yea u waited downstairs for me. awwww. HAHAHA. thanks for the deal btw.

Mm i totally forgot today Earth Hour. spent it a raffles town club eating buffet. all lights on except the swimming pool area.. not very bright..

I inly watch one telly in the bedroom. so did my bit tonight.

Long live planet Earth...
at least till someone unearth rare unreleased Black Sabbath tracks.

ahahhaa chaserr: yea u waited downstairs for me. awwww. HAHAHA. thanks for the deal btw.

Mm i totally forgot today Earth Hour. spent it a raffles town club eating buffet. all lights on except the swimming pool area.. not very bright..

haha yeah yeah, thanks , hopefully you found that boom stand useful ah. haha and that pearl export, needs alot of work ah.. rusty everywhere. u can't even call the snare a steel snare anymore lol..

sorry ah. thats not mine. thats my father's friend's set. id price it at $200. but he ask me put at $300. mine is NOT that set. he ask me if i want for free i say i dun want. Hahaha. yea boom stand useful:)

haha. ur wuhan is the first non sabian thing i have. hahaha
But o wells, THANKS AGAIN:)

no problem sis, with that huge arsenal of sabian cymbals , i don't think you would go wrong with that wuhan bell, i reckon you might actually learn to like it. haha.

Last edited:
chaserr: haha. yea my sis was like eh so cute the sound. o wells. not enough stands to go round... got my 15" aa extra thin crash lying in my bag. so the wuhan goes in there too:) haha. all the best for the 6" aa splash sale. i was tempted actually . then i said NO.:)

i was playing acoustic sets at fish n co glasshouse just now. all was dark except the stage lol... feels like playing concert like tat. one spotlight on stage

my friend wanted to go club, and getting wasted so frequent the whole of this week , i didnt wanna go, so i actually bullshitted to him that the clubs were closed during earth hour.

he bought it. hahahahah

^ Ftw :D

To me, I celebrate Earth Hour every single day but its not from 8.30-9.30. Its from the moment the sun goes down until I have to get up the next day. Dark bedroom ftw (and yes, I do pay my electricity bills :p)

I practise Earth Hour every day. If it is bright enough without switching on the lights, I leave them off. So in other words, I practise Earth day whenever the sun is shining. :p

In addition to reducing energy usage, I have to change the light bulb much less frequently, and the energy bill is lower. So it all works out perfectly. Try it!

*I still participate in Earth Hour, but just for kicks. If you love the Earth, you will do more than just one hour a year.

earth hour is about saving the earth. i don't suppose senoko power station burns less fuel just because alot of ppl switch of their lights. it does not work that way. power stations burn fuel to boil water to produce steam that spins turbines to induce an electric current. the power stations dont just shut down because people are not using electrical appliances. so when you switch you lights off doesn't mean that the powerlines are not live. it's just that you are not paying for it.

the environmental degradation comes in the form of waste. how much fuel is used in the production of electricity depends on the city's infrastructure which is in fact a problem of the government. im sure the Man is a champion of earth-saving public policies, other than planting a few trees here and there.

the switching the lights thing is just a gimmick. it is exactly what the radio advert says "turning off the lights to raise awareness". it does not say "turning off the lights to conserve fossil fuels" or whatever.

don't get me wrong, raising awareness is a GOOD thing but we have to be aware of the true purpose of earth hour for it to be effective, rather than just anyhow whack

Back