Early Mobile Termination.. Recent news says its lowered.?

marcdadrummer

Hey forum long time no post.

okay so Starhub has screwed me over again. When the 3GS just came out, i bought one but im on a line with starhub so my mom bought the iPhone and she took the line while i take the phone.

Then i signed up for starhub's Max Mobile Premium - MMP. And the going rate that time was a promotion and it was 9.90 instead of teh usual 19.90.

NOW i received my bill and it says 19.90 for the MMP.

I did tell them to take a note down that if those twats from starhub wanna change the price back to inform me but no they didn't..

Im just too lazy to go down the 345678217657381 time to their cust svc center and argue with those uncompromising and "starhub's bigger than you" attitude faggs so i just wanna terminate my contract with them.

Recently, MDA has released a new law of some sort that penalties for early termination should be lowered or some sort? So as consumers could enjoy perks of trying out different mobile operators or something.

If anyone could enlighten me with this, would be exteremly helpful.

MAQ.

i dont think they know about this new mda policy.

as i myself am ignorant about this, which's why im posting this qn to the forum if so anyone here knows about it or not.

It was in the news that it will be implemented early of 2010. No idea when though.

I had a bad experience with them also man. i just bought a blackberry phone with them a few months back. took 2 years plan but i didn't sign up for the internet plan

i never surf the net on my phone except for whatever inside the gee!(i was told that it's not chargeble) and 1 time visit streetdirectory.com. Then....

Got my 1st bill....charged me 90 bucks for internet data....
i paid without complaining while keep in mind that next month i won't surf the net anymore.

Got my 2nd bill....charged me 60 bucks for internet data.
I called the starhub hotline and they asked me to go the customer service at their shop

I went there the person promised to check and give me the full details of websites that I surf to justify the charges. He promised me to send a letter in 2 weeks time.

letter never came till 1 month and i received my 3rd bill... starhub then called me because i haven't pay my bills for 2 months. So i complained to them about the issue, and the lady said she was from finance side so her job is just to call for payment, she asked me to call the customer service.

So again, I called the customer service. Finally another lady checked for me on the internet line. this is what she answered : according to our record, your phone did connected to the internet, i can't provide you with the website addresses because all are secured website. Then, she offered me to sign up for data plan. I declined and decided to just block my internet line.

My advice : Go to the service centre, whoever attend to you and promise for a sound solution, take note of their name and shift time

lolness.. thats what happened to me bro.

Was on the normal student plan that costs 20 bucks... Bought singtel iphone, popped in the starhub sim card and used..

1st month bill was like 30 bucks thanks to the 2mb of data i used...

2nd month another 60 bucks... THE first one i tulan them at cust svc and they say they waiver off that 30 bucks on next bill charge but they never did..... TILL TODAY!

after 2nd month, they offered the MMP at 9.90... Called the slacker dude at 1633 at around the midnight shift around 12am, activated, and specifically asked him if this 9.90 is a special period of time offer or when i sign up now, all the way pay 9.90 only and he said the latter.

now i get 18.90 bill.. like a some booodeeeeeeeee la starhub......

Now i saw that also ONLY STARHUB has a prepaid data mobile 3G plan and im planning to take that... 17 bucks can tweet on mobitweet for free, starhub tv free, and 50MB of data only for 17 bucks... and that 17 bucks is the cost of the prepaid so its like can get like 20cents times 17 bucks worth of call time.. if all fails just buy the hot 128 loh cheap2.

which's why i wanna quit their line service and opt for this service green mobile prepaid card..

seems everyone got shafted by starhub... lol. they dun care lah. they charge whatever and whenever the like coz its postpaid. u signed, u die, easy peachy.

reezrock, you using blackberry so that means you using it for pushmail? that incurs gprs charges since you didn't sign up internet plan to cover the data traffic.

van halen : No man...i use blackberry solely because of the design and the qwerty keyboard. I'm a very old fashion person. Use phone for calls and smses only

van halen : No man...i use blackberry solely because of the design and the qwerty keyboard. I'm a very old fashion person. Use phone for calls and smses only
yes i think blackberry got pushmail, every time u receive an email u will get data charges, best way is to get a data plan.

or u do no set-up or remove any email accts on yer blackberry.

Go to Manage Connections; Mobile Network Options and make sure Data Services is turned off. If they still charge you for data… I really dunno what to say

This is why after years of Starhub usage, I went back to Singtel. because no matter how screwed up the provider is, Singtel still has the best coverage, AND the best billing system. They charge you for everything! and they're so damn accurate, that there's no chance of something the forgot! Hahahhaa...

yes i think blackberry got pushmail, every time u receive an email u will get data charges, best way is to get a data plan.

or u do no set-up or remove any email accts on yer blackberry.

But I never even setup my mails before how can I receive any mails?

I thought of changing back to prepaid(now singtel has the 28 bucks with 128 bucks inside) but then i've been using my numbers for years...:(

But I never even setup my mails before how can I receive any mails?

I thought of changing back to prepaid(now singtel has the 28 bucks with 128 bucks inside) but then i've been using my numbers for years...:(
wah mystery of the universe!

hey, maybe i can recommend you to sign up for the starhub student/nsf plan. they add 100 mins outgoing calls for freee for powervalue 100, powervalue 300 or powersurf 100.

i'm currently using this plan (signed up under nsf plan on my ord day.. haha) powersurf 100.

it's $38 a month, and originally, it has 100 mins free outgoing, and 500 free sms, but under the nsf / student plan it has 200 mins free outgoing and unlimited sms (haha i just keep spaming sms on my htc snap qwerty phone)

it has an inbuilt data plan, 12GB of free data per month, and i seriously doubt anybody can hit that amount of data unless one watches youtube for 2 hours a day.

powersurf 100 is the same as powervalue 100, just with the added 12GB data plan. the price difference is $13 bucks so i guess if u calculate it that way, the data plan is $13. as compared to the 2 external data plans of $5 for 10mb and $20 for 1GB, this beats both hands down.

warrao im on student pran they give me only 100 minutes free.. im using powerangervalue 100...

but bro 38 doesn't include Caller ID right... so must add another 5 bucks.

I WANT TO QUIT STARHUB LINE LA lol...

haha my gf got screwed over by starhub as well.

on the day the plan was upgraded, the starhub salesperson said that the data service will be activated within 24 hours (which is usually the case). it was a 10GB plan (which was later downgraded to 10MB plan instead) with what the salesperson (and the starhub site said) a cap of $40 if the data charges overshot.

she isnt that much of a mobile surfer (without a proper phone to surf the net on, cos the phone was given to her sis) so besides the occasional email checking nothing else. when the bill came, she was billed for 16MB of data charges.

the bill stated that she wasnt on a data plan (when contract was signed a month ago and SHOULD have been activated) and so was charged for all 16MB of data used. ran up to a total cost of about 82 dollars on data only.

contacted starhub, clarified with them and they realised that they did not activate her plan, and also clarified about the $40 cap thing. in the end they decided to just cut the bill by $50.

hey, maybe i can recommend you to sign up for the starhub student/nsf plan. they add 100 mins outgoing calls for freee for powervalue 100, powervalue 300 or powersurf 100.

no longer a student nor nsf man....anyway, I've paid everything already and learned that I can't do anything...So still using their line now

wow, at least starhub cut the bill by $50 though.. i wonder if this will happen to me, haven't received my 1st bill since swapped plan. i surfed immediately after i changed plan, not sure if they activated it then

Back