duncan or dimarzio .. urgent

siva

hi .. im currently using a ibanez rg prestige 2570 .its a basswood body and a rosewood fingerboard. i would like to change the bri pick.

the pickups are all stock dimarzio,ibanez ..H-S-H.. i'll be keeping the neck and mid as i love the tone of these 2 ..

for the bri .. i find that harmonics are not as strong and also .. the tone is not strong.. if u get wat i mean

i wan something like gilbert kinda tone .. for rhythm .. that kinda thick chunky rhythm tone ..

play hard rock / metal mostly

hi,

paul uses dimarzio tone zone mostly. maybe u can try that. and he uses dimarzio super distortion too. but on the flying v he uses during his space one concert here, they are stock. if i am not wrong, the guitar u have has got dimarzio made pick-ups too. they are specially made for ibanez.

goes to show that despite the Dimarzio-Ibanez preference, if it's not appealing, then it's simply not appealing.

for better harmonics inducement, both Dimarzio & Duncan Distortion models will be a great alternative. however, if you need added bottom end while retaining the Distortion's characteristics, Duncan's Distortion PATB (PATB-2) was made to do just that.

pa_tb_2b.jpg

yea .. mine are the dimarzio.ibanez 1s ... i feel that the bri pickup .. like lacking thickness like that .haha

i really love my neck pickup .. damn .sweet tone !

wat u all recommend .. yea .. tonezone .. daniel(shredcow)
also recommend me that .

i have an unfavourable result with a Tone Zone, in my RG560 (basswood). i leave it to those who are in favour of the TZ to put it in a good stead here.

for a rg prestige .. basswood body and rosewood fretboard .. wat pickups u recommend for bri postion ?

hard rock metal .

basswood is largely a neutral wood, if you fit in any pickup that has a particular inclination towards a certain frequency, chances are, the guitar will manifest just that.

eg: i was set on getting a pickup which has a pronounced lower-midrange for my RG1550 (basswood) & the Duncan Screamin' Demon did just that. 8)

anyone know where to get EMG Livewire metal? and how much are they? if not reccomend me a nice good pickup for my rg. i need the more 'death/black metal' tone.

You mean Seymour Duncan Livewires right? EMG doesn't have that model. If it's Seymore Duncan Livewires you're talking about, you might wanna head over to Davis and check if they have stock.

nak said:
anyone know where to get EMG Livewire metal? and how much are they? if not reccomend me a nice good pickup for my rg. i need the more 'death/black metal' tone.

death/ black metal tones can be achieved without going active, such as my tele depicted below. you need something high output which goes well with loads of distortion. a good part of it is also the distortion source, acquire something very intense.

teleredstrings1.jpg

eh sia. what was i saying.. im asking about EMG HZ-H4 .. where did live wire come out.. lol livewire has real high outputs man.. i read it up it's one of the highest outputs around.. but 125.. that's gonna mean i dont have money to pay them to change the pickups for me

Nak ...i believe Emg PUS cost a little bit more...ard 135 for Emg81..
call up Davis to confirm the price...

as for the livewire...i`ll get the classic version..so that u got the option to play clean tone..

i kinda agree with Sub on metal kinda tone...the source is most important

alternatively i recommend the invader or duncan dist..

went to davis, both also dont have! wa lao. anyway.. how much are the distortion? as about effects, wait till got money then get a nice good multi fx. i wanna spend more building up the guitar first, im using a ds-1 and it can scoop out really nice tones, very versatile but amp sensitive (i can use this marshall at this studio and get something i really like and go to another studio with the same marshall and get something no one will ever like.)

Dimarzio Evolutions ( what Steve Vai uses) are great for hard rock and metal because they are really bright and clear, yet with a high output as well. I got them in the bridge and neck of my Ibanez RG1550

Evos are the last pickups i'd put in my guitars for bass-droning metal. albeit being the champions of clarity, the low-end response from the Evos are lacking in this department.

now i have a few in mind for bri

duncan custom , duncan distortion or distortion parallel axis

btw ah .. for for floyd guitar , do i need to get f spaced ?? trembuckers or smth ?

sorry .. its

duncans -- duncan custom , duncan distortion , duncan parallel axis distortion(patb2)

dimarzio - air zone , breed bri

wat u tink would be best for my ibanez rg 2570 in theb ri position . basswood body , rosewood fretboard , floyd rose

Back