Drum Transcribers

Softwaremaker

Hello drummers,

I have been drumming into my fav song covers for some time and I still love to do so but there are really some songs that I would like to drum cover but it is a chore to transcribe them out.

So far, if I am lucky, I can find free MIDIs out there and transcribe Track 10 from there but 9 times out of 10 - the backing MIDIs really doesnt do the actual song any justice.

I think I have asked this question before - Are there any music transcribers out there that does it for a living or at least a side line ? I am willing to pay for the transcribed result at a decent rate, of course.

To drummers who love to kick and beat out a storm doing covers, how do you do it ? There is only so much one can do to listen to it and play one's style. If you play to the actual song, you need as close a match to the actual drum score as possible.

Tips / Guidance ?

With songs I want to play, transcribing is half the fun/learning process.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I agree with the learning. Unfortunately, time is something of a luxury I cannot afford and therefore sometimes I do wish that it is already there so I can play along to it and learn the different styles and sticking, etc

Anyway, found this site via google, maybe you want to try them out.
http://www.chordpickout.com/music-transcription.html

Thanks for the link. WOAH !!! - USD40.00 per instrument is rather costly... It will be tough to purchase at this price at times like this. Sigh ...

I might be able to help in drum transcription

HI Softwaremaker,

I might be able to help you out in transcribing your drum parts. Can you give me an idea on the type of songs you play or want to be transcribed?

By the way, I don't really do transcribing for a living, however I'm a musician and theorist at the same time so writing drum pieces one of my pleasures in life.

Hope to be of service to you soon.

Back