Drug Laws

pedialite

Issit true that if you smoke pot in a legal country like Amsterdam, but when you're at the Singapore airport (or anywhere else in Singapore) and you get tested positive for Mary, you will still get charged? (cause I heard that stuff stays in your body for a few weeks)

(Even if you're not high, just that the residue or whatever is in your blood/pee)
I did abit of research and if i'm not wrong you still do get shit if tested positive.

Only for educational discussion on Singapore's Drug Laws! :)

ur urine will be 'dirty' for like a month or so...
if u kena spot urine n its positive, be it u took in outer space, u will still be charged.

Its not 'legal' in Amsterdam know.....its just that they don't care......so much that it seems legal....I think they'll charge you with substance abuse.....

if anyone remember a case back round 98/99, there was a couple from singapore who were studying in perth, went partying there, smoke the green etc, lastly flew back, was stopped for random urine check at the airport.

they were caught and prosecuted for the offence coz theres traces of it in the urine sample. There could be some form of archive for the news.

maybe theres more info here for the law

http://www.cnb.gov.sg/

Lets say you went to Amsterdam and got high, while returning, you suay tio urine test and you are tested positive for consuming a controlled drug, you will be charged under MDA. No, not Media Developement Authority, but Misuse of Drug Act.

Offences in that act includes :
1)Possession of a controlled substance unlawfully

2)Possession of a controlled substance with intent to supply it

3)Supplying or offering to supply a controlled drug

4)Consumtion of a controlled substance

You will be charged if you are a permanent resident or citizen. If you are under a visa, you will be repatriated to wherever you came from and may be charged and will be blacklisted. The controlled drugs in singapore are classified under 3 classes, class A, B and C with A carrying the heaviest penalty. Cannabis/Marijuana/Ganja/Pot is a class C drug. If you so lucky managed to get charged, the sentence will be up to 10 years of imprisonment or S$20,000 fine or both. Whether you take the drug overseas or within singapore, it is still considered consumtion of a controlled substance.

So the next time you go to Amsterdam, go to a coffeshop and smoke some joints, becareful as when you think nothing would happen, you may be getting into a lot of trouble. The chemicle active in marijuana is Tetrahydrocannabinol(THC) and may stay in your blood stream for at most 30 days.

Why do you want to get stoned anyway? Waste of your life.

And yes, I believe you'll be charged of consumption of drugs even though you did not consume it in Singapore.

Does the death penalty apply to consumption of drugs? No, right? Only drug trafficking?

you got to understand how the law works. the law is only as effective as the way it can be enforced.

you don't go to jail by virtue of taking drugs. you only get arrested if you are caught in the act of taking drugs, or if you are tested positive for drugs. if you walk into a police post and say, "yo, i took drugs" nobody is gonna give an ass

I don't think it's likely that you'll get charged unless someone tips off the authorities and makes a complaint, or something like that.

If you're worried about it, don't do it.

how can the jurisdiction of the the local MDA law extend to the Amsterdam? even if you have proof that you got tricked into having some ganja brownies over there?

...oh wait it's guilty until proven innocent, amirite?

no-drugs-480.gif

STAY AWAY FROM DRUGS.IT WILL lovelovelovelove YOUR LIFE UP:)

Random checks at airports do happen so yeah :(

DON'T DO DRUGS IT WILL FRUCK UP YOUR LIFE! (If you get caught :p)

Its not that our jurisdiction stretches all the way to Amsterdam, no one's government got so heong.....Just that once you come home, if kanna spot check, you're under Singapore's jurisdiction and they're mighty strict about drugs, just like they're strict about everything else...

Its like the Micheal Fay case, he's not our citizen but his ass still got whooped here

^^ah yes, but you didn't commit the crime of taking such drugs while in Singapore, so they've got no jurisdiction anyway. but yeah, what do I know about local law?

Aiya, either way Singapore will find a way to own your ass....Singapore law bendable cos of this reason

we are protected against being prosecuted of retrospective crimes in our constitution, so i wld tink that they cant prosecute you either if u took e drug in a place where its legal, but whether it is or not in Amsterdamn is another thing o.o

Back