Dimebag Darrell

Dale

Hey softies~

I'm a huge fan of Dimebag Darrell. I used to like Kirk Hammett. About 3 years back, I was looking for Metallica live videos and found out that they performed live in Monsters of Rock(Moscow). So I watched the video. That's when I found out about Dimebag Darrell. It was my first time Listening to Pantera. And in that video, I saw the way Dimebag played and liked his styles of playing. From his stage prescence to his skills to his big hair to his cool shape guitar.

Yea, thats just a little introduction on how I found Pantera/Dimebag and like them.

Here's the climax of the post. I know he uses Bill Lawrence and Seymour Duncan pickups on his bridge. But alot of research done and found out that he prefered Bill Lawrence.

Anyone out there have any idea what neck pickup he uses? Not at the point when Seymour Duncan sponsored him but while He was using Bill Lawrence.

I heard from people that He uses Bill Lawrence too but don't know what model, Seymour Duncan '59, DiMarzio don't know what model.

I'm looking for his exact pickup that He used. So is there any Dimebag freaks like me, please do share alright...

Cheers
and R.I.P Dimebag Abott Darrell
(1966 - 2004)

it is certainly the bill lawrence L500 if you are referring to his dean from hell guitar.the one with the lightning bolt.btw he has tonnes of guitar.the other models that he has comes with SD dimebucker.except for his dean from hell.

Dime is my guitar god :twisted: !! The Bridge is the BL500Xl and Neck is SD '59 on the dean from hell. Hope tt helps!

Bill Lawrence preference? prior to his passing, he has a signature pickup with Duncan:

Seymour DUncan's Dimebucker:

427311.jpg

cool. but dimebag prefered Bill Lawrence. Any idea about the neck pick up besides SD '59?

the fact that he went with Duncan could mean that his signature pickup was voiced according to his 'preference'. something to think about...

ok cool dude. but the main reason i put up this post is to find out whats the pickup he is using on the neck.
cheers~

its either a dean-made pickup or a duncan.but im sure its not a dimarzio.maybe you should jus check dean website.its got everything you need to know about his guitar.

oops.well just checked that the razorbacks have dimarzio rhythm pickup on the neck.i assume the same for the others.

just curious if you don't mind.you planning to buy and slap those pickups on to your guitar?or just for your general knowledge?cause if you really gonna buy then I'd say well done.

ic u're a huge fan yeah? how tall r u? haha kidding though im not much of a dime fan but he's a hell of a player. RESPECT WALK *CHET CHET CHET*
HAHA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTR-tePa0Bg

It is my fav vid of dime in action.Hope you guys like it! :twisted:

Anyhows... dime only used the SD dimebucker AFTER he left Pantera.He switched to Krank tube amps as well instead of solid state Randalls. I read somewhere he wanted to walk away from the pantera tone to create a new kind of tone for damageplan. Hence all the changing in gears.

Imho, the BL500xl sounded better.Trivium used the SD dimebucker too for a period but switch back 2 EMGs again recently.

Thx for the info man..

and yea Dime, I'm gonna change to that pick up on my Washburn Dime 333. :)

i've got the BL500XL and it sure just aint a 1 trick pony. you can even do blues with it! Best pickup in terms of dynamics and raw power (so far) for me. :twisted:

P.S.
It will test how good your skill realli is cos it realli picks out all ur mistakes! :cry:

cool~
I'm getting a BL500-XL soon. ordered it and it's on the way!!
woooohoooooo

Now i wanna know which neck pick up is better. Seymour duncan '59 or the DiMarzio pick up...

anyone with experiance on those pickups???

share with me alright...
thx

Back