Digital Piano: Best Price in SG for Korg SP-250

chillimonkey

Hi Everyone,

I am am looking to buy a digital piano / keyboard with weighted keys.

I am a total beginner at the keyboard, hanging only played with two fingers as a child!

I now want to take up the piano as a hobby, with an interest in classical piano.

I have set myself a budget of around $1000 +/- for a quality 88 key (weighted) digital piano. Brands . models I have seen include:

Yamaha P70 - great sound / great feel, low on features
Casio range - don't like the sound nor feel of the keys
Kawai CL20 - reasonable sound, basic features, good feel - not very portable
Kawai ES4 - Great sound / great keys / great features - way above my budget!
Suzuki SS 90 & 100 - poor quality keys
Korg SP-250 - good sound and good feel and features (sound and feel not as good as Yamaha)

At this stage I have narrowed down my selection to the Korg SP 250

Does anyone have any other recommendations for a digital piano around the SGD $1000 +/- range that I should consider?

Assuming I go for the Korg, can anyone advise me what the best price in Singapore is for this unit?

I apprecate your responses.

Thanks.

Regards,

Chillimonkey

Hi chilli...
if you're who i think you are, i just thought you'd wanna know, the Korg Sp250 is a very nice digital piano ... tried it out at luthermusic, and the keys were very nice and springy.. quite impressed...

Thanks for the feedback on the Korg keyboard. I ended up buying a 2nd hand Yamaha Clarinova CLP 170 for less than half the price of the Korg!

I am now looking for a piano teacher to provide me with lessons at home (Bugis / City Hall / Bras Basah area) on a casual basis (hobby classical / not for exams). Any recommendations?

Regards,

Steven

Back