Diameter of bass drum...

Frummer

Yo...im new here.I live in yishun and im 16 years old.

Anyway...i was wondering, wad is the diameter of the bass drum so that the beater hits directly in the center of the batter head? :?:

Ok.. There are no standard size for a bass drum. It all depends on the individuals.

The standard measurement for drums are in inches..

U can go to any Music store and U'll be able to see the different sizes of bass drums.. The most common being 22" and 20". There are bass drums that are 24" but its not that common.

For the positioning of your pedal to the center of the bass drums, U have to adjust ur pedal beater to ur desired position.

Usually, by default, if u were to position the pedal and fix it properly, the beater head will be at the center.. Unless U have different taste, U can readjust the beater head to any position that U desire..

Try it out.. Who knows, ur "dream" bass drum sound may not necessarily comes from the center...

Good luck!!! :lol:

Haha...i know the inches thingy.

there are 18",20",22",24" ; and also some incredibly idiotic BIG bass drum woofers...

I know it cant be 16" coz thats the size of a floor tom, and also used by fusion/funk music.They need lifters...so i thought of the others

I was leaning to 20"

Anw...im just trying to figure out where the bass would resonate fully when struck by the beater at the middle...thx anw... :D

Back