Dean Markley Blue Steel

love the sound but cannot last very long....... can last abt 1 mth the most if play everyday lor...... :wink:

:twisted:

Strings shouldn't be kept on a guitar for too long. I feel that 1 month is already pushing it. They have to be fresh.

Dean Markley's are pretty good, i like 'em in alternate to GHS.

AiraTekkan: Did they ever bring those in? :?

AiraTekkan said:
anyone tried these b4? im going to buy strings later and im considering these babies. 8)

oh yes my number one choice for my folk guitar. But I use other brand for my electric.

B0002GX70M.01-AIMZUKBRH6H15._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Dean Markley's Blue Steel is a cryogenically (temperature tempered) finished string set. they are suppossed to last longer than any sets which do not undergo the cryogenic treatment but it's really circumstantial. i used to have them in on one of my Ibanez RG but felt that the non-cryogenic ones, under certain treatment, lasts just as long.

however, if you are interested in cryogenic strings, the other alternative would be GHS' Sub-Zero set, depicted below.
B0002CZUCO.01-A34VCPZVL7E6XQ._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

aiyar wanted to buy Blue Steel but they didn't have any. i bought something opposite of being cooled. i bought D'Addario 1/2 rounds, which are heat treated to restore brightness.

well, i might buy Blue Steel next time if someone tells me where to get em.

The Blue Steel have very good harmonic response... I was pretty happy with that.. However, they die fast, only lasts about 3wks max on me, before croaking out.

Lasts longer than daddarios though...

DR strings still rock my boat.

FWIW, I tried 2 packs. Didn't like them. Went back to regular daddarios. They last quite long for me, but they didn't sound like what I had hoped for.

I've been a Blue Steel user since '96.

I've tried:
EB slinky
D'Addario
GHS Boomers
Darco (with extra B & E strings)
Peavey (with extra B & E strings)
Gibson Brite Wires
Fender

I always go back to Blue Steels. For me, it has the perfect balance of brightness but not at the expense of sounding thin. It always sounds perfectly full and lasts a helluva lot longer than any of the strings I mentioned above. And with Blue Steels, you can really maximize them because they deteriorate very slowly in my experience. While all the other strings sound dead and can't hold proper tune anymore, the blue steels' deterioration would be just starting and it would be gradual, i.e. when you're starting to lose the brightness, you would still have around a week or two worth of daily play before they're completely dead.

Of course, choice of strings are a very personal thing. I'm just happy that I've found one that works for me. And I ain't buying into botique strings that cost more than S$10/pack. :roll:

i saw blue steel@davis.

yupz...i'm an ardent fan of DM strings..but i'm using the signature series. Gives me something i like. Used a number of different strings before, but so far, the signature series is the best for me. yupz..just my personal opinion. The blue steel...didn't last very long for me...it snapped in the middle of my first gig...was about 3 days old?

yupz...tried
D'addarios,
GHS boomers,
GHS zakk wylde,
DM Blue Steel,
Snarling Dogs,
black diamond coated & non-coated
DR coated& non-coated
Fender,
Gibson,
elixir strings (bought by a friend over at the US..this set felt really great)
SIT strings,
and a few other strings...of brands which i don't recall..

still liked the DM signature series better...so much so i bought a whole box of them =X saves me the hassle.

Back