Credits should be given to musicians/singers

parablue74

Should we propose to COMPASS and Performing Rights Organizations around the world that in any event, all musicians/performers involved should be given credits in the event advertising?? Or, as of, given a certificate for appreciation of performance???

I've just came across a situation where a charity event organizer refuse to give credits to my singer for a performance even when we ask for it.

Looking at it this way, every time writers quote words from someone in their books, or advertising etc..., that someone's credits are to be written there..
Now, singer's performing for an event like that are offering their voices, musicians their skills.. shouldn't that person's credits also should be written too??

There was no contract..
It's the point I don't understand why the event organizer is so resistant to put in credits for the singers/musicians/songwriters involved..

No idea why. I guess the best thing is to negotiate either a verbal or simple written agreement of credit before taking on a show.

I feel that putting it in law/regulation would be very forced and artificial. Can expect more than just a few emcee/organisers to "get in trouble" if such rules were enforceable. I'd rather give my organiser/emcee as few reasons as possible to not want me around.

If it's about getting your name known, then if your songs have vocals, you've got a mic after all.

Yes it's nice when organisers/emcees extend the courtesy of thanking the band, in addition to any other members of the entire crew that were running the event. But I'd prefer it to be that - a courtesy.

Well, there was no contract, so i told my singer not to perform in the show.. 'burning' that event organizer..
Though of cos, it was also the attitude of that event organizer that was really cold and arrogant, which i really cannot stand it when charity people start criticizing your heart and remark badly on you when you disagree with them when it comes to volunteering.. as though I owe them something like that..

Back