Compressor & Booster Question

Excalibur

Hey guys,

I was wondering if a compressor would help fatten / thicken the sound of my guitar? I've tried the RC Booster, it somehow does help in that aspect. I'm using a Jekyll & Hyde OD/DS btw.

To fatten your signal, I guess you need a Mids booster, such as the CMAT Mods Phat Booster available..
There are boosters that will fatten your tone.. EQ pedals will suffice as well.. The RC booster is more of a volume booster, but it also boosts certain frequencies (thus making it sound fatter)..
Compressors are mainly used to even out the attack of your playing.. The only compressor I've used that effectively fattens your one is the Barber Tone Press.. It is a parallel compressor, thus the compressed sound is layered with the unaltered tone, making it sound fatter.. Be mindful that a compressor will cut off frequencies past a certain frequency, and before a certain frequency, thereby limiting you to a set amount of frequencies only.. So effectively, it will NOT fatten your tone..

You can try a Dynacomp/Ross compressor.

Or if you got the money to splurge on an expensive Ross-type compressor, the keeley can do it.

Or the Teese FK-1, which is cheaper, can handle it.

Actually, even BYOC has a Ross style compressor.

Thanks guys, have a better idea now.
Know where i can try the CMATMODS?
Btw, what's Ross Style compressor?

CMAT Mods effects are available at TY Music (not the whole range though)..

CMATMODS Effects

They have a Ross comp clone as well.. Well dude.. Sad to say the Phat Boost is a discontinued item.. A few pop up in buy/sell, but oh-so-rarely! :mrgreen:

its around peninsula plaza basement....near the escalator exit next to a coffeeshop n funan.

search for clips in youtube on compressors n boosters cos some are really useful. judge for urself on wat u need den
ive got a compressor for sale if u need one later too. hehe ;)

You can try a Dynacomp/Ross compressor.

Or if you got the money to splurge on an expensive Ross-type compressor, the keeley can do it.

Or the Teese FK-1, which is cheaper, can handle it.

Actually, even BYOC has a Ross style compressor.

erm... what's a Ross Compressor?:confused:

its around peninsula plaza basement....near the escalator exit next to a coffeeshop n funan.

search for clips in youtube on compressors n boosters cos some are really useful. judge for urself on wat u need den
ive got a compressor for sale if u need one later too. hehe ;)

Thanks dude, will check it out :)
What compressor do you have for sale btw?

Back