comment on RG220

guanming

hi there,

can i have some comment on this particular IBANEZ RG220 model?? I´ve heard it a discontinued model...

Long time no see sub!

woohoo...

icon_smile.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon24.gif
icon21.gif

hulloz... i´m still here, a bit dormant lately... but not about to explode anytime...

RG 220DX (taken fr 2002 Ibanez catalogue):

*basswood body, reverse headstock

*stock powersound humbuckers (X2)- needs replacement, trust me... treble inclined but virtually no bass definition.

*ilt1 bridge- oh gosh, this is one to avoid. not as stable/ reliable as the current Edge Pro/ Edge Pro2 or even the discontinued Edge/ Lo-pro Edge trem. if memory serves me right, the ilt1 isn´t a floating unit...

if you can get this guitar dirt cheap, say $300+/- then by all means. that is if you can put up with tuning instability each time you whammy... personally, i´d rather invest in something that´d improve my playing, rather than spend time trying to rectify a guitar...

otherwise, invest in the current RG320, same specs as the 220 but with a more reliable bridge unit. if you want flash, then the 320FA comes with an ash top for a little brighter sounding unit, not to mention, visually more pleasing...
icon21.gif

hi sub, good evening.. my frenz buy a new guitar two weeks ago, is a sec hnd epiphone SG G-310 for $180...

as the the RG320, the brigde is equip with the what LO PRO TRS TREM, what i heard from one frenz..

is it more stable then the trem on RG220??

cheers
icon_frown.gif

oh!! thanks sub, ok i get it.. LOL, btw sub how´s your bass going? found yr bass??

btw u have any efx lobang?? second,

like wah, eq, chorus, delay?? i tried the digidelay the other day, hmm.. very exx.. but nice pedal...

cheers
icon_wink.gif

my bass hunt has taken a back seat, after i´ve seen some nice jap fenders in the market. would be acquiring an SG/ strat in time to come. serious GAS here, especially after knowing that my BC Rich will only touch down here November/ December....
icon_eek.gif
gosh...

drop by Luther´s fair this Sunday to see if there are any used gear to be acquired. hopefully i´ll see you there...

Back