Ceriatone launches Dumble clone

Don't know the exact story, but Dumble amps are apparently the holy grail of boutique amps, handmade tone monsters which were handmade by some dude a few years back. He only made a few, which go for about $5k+ USD now. People have been making clones for years trying to replicate them, but mostly falling short of the mark.

In other news, +1 for Nik and Ceriatone! :twisted:

it's only holy grail if it serves your needs. the Dumble voicing is such that it won't reward high gain applications, if you are such a player, look elsewhere. if you thrive on picking nuances & takes time with your notes, then it might be tone haven.

it's only holy grail if it serves your needs. the Dumble voicing is such that it won't reward high gain applications, if you are such a player, look elsewhere. if you thrive on picking nuances & takes time with your notes, then it might be tone haven.

Oops, my bad, i forgot to mention that yeah, its not a metal/rock player's amp.

And yeah, as i wrote 5k down i though, i don't remember it being that obtainable...:p

This amp is for the BLUES!

JM (John mayer) himself has an original Dumble Overdrive Special. I have a pic somewhere. hmmm.

John Mayer, Carlos Santana, Robben Ford all have their own slightly customized versions of the Dumble amp as I remember. The amp isn't commercialized for the mass market.

So other than the unique tonestack in the circuit, the Dumble that's going to be sold is probably generic. That's my guess anyway.

One of the sacred tones up there with Trainwreck.

As with holy grails there a quite a few clones in the market, two of the more famous being Two Rock and Fuch.

Here is a thread from TGP where owners of Dumble and/or their clones try to describe the experience of playing one.

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=295946&highlight=dumble

When I was enquiring about a Trainwreck about 2 weeks back, Nik asked me to keep an eye out for this.

Interestingly, its the first Ceriatone I've seen that has his logo printed proudly on the control faceplate and Nik.

DSCF0712B.jpg

Nice one by Ceriatone. Maybe one day I will get a Dumble.........................clone. ;)

Anyway here's what the real deal looks like.....

tm90.jpg

I wanna order a wreck. But aparrently now we have to go thru a local dealer.

Dumbles mostly i find are assosciated with blues players

I wanna order a wreck. But aparrently now we have to go thru a local dealer.

Would this be a Ceriatone order or another Trainwreck clone?

I'm assuming its not one of the real TW's 'cause Ken Fischer is already 6 feet under.

of course a ceriatone lah... Even if ken was alive, he'd be too sick to make any amps... N the original ones r gg for at least 20-30k usd, thats if u manage to find someone selling it

hmmm... i've heard of both ceriatone and Dumble from this forums and i know that mayer uses a Dumble. but how good are ceriatone amps?

hmmm... i've heard of both ceriatone and Dumble from this forums and i know that mayer uses a Dumble. but how good are ceriatone amps?

Never played ceriatone as i prefer modern amps, but i know Nik and he's a pretty cool guy, showed me around his "factory"...he uses really high grade components and pays a lot of attention to detail. I'm impressed by the rave reviews he's been getting though, just look at the user reviews section at harmony central and you'll see the amount of buzz he's generating.

Now THAT is Malaysia Boleh dammit! :twisted:

Back