Catch our own youngkid Drummer.. Ethan Ong

with his talent, someday he might perform at Modern Drummer festival i dunno... some young drummer showcase or something. He just needs to be discovered.

But there are also many talented young drummers like him...amazing to watch sometimes.

that videos been posted before. and his skills arent that great. just that its good for his age.

i hope this kid becomes SUPER/ULTRA/ULTIMO/whatever when he grows up, even better than all of us combined etc. haha... cos just like many of our young kid drummers out there, he got a chance to be among the very best in the world, not just singapore if everything fall in place

now the challenge is up to himself, the environment around him (parents, peers, extended family etc.) he could end up any way we'll only be able to tell say 10 years from now

i really hope he becomes BEST because its better than every day wake up same ol' kampung and hear folks bitching about neighbour's new sampan or grumbling about manage to fish a pretty wife from neighbouring village

how old is he? maybe he'll own royster jr.
wow of all the people to be the next royster jr, he's from singapore!
our country's really moving up.

fallengrace182 said:
ya i agree.if he grows up already nobody will take much notice of him.
at least he is already noticed since he was a kid. im also pretty sure that his chops are better than u... hehehehee

plainsman said:
i hope this kid becomes SUPER/ULTRA/ULTIMO/whatever when he grows up, even better than all of us combined etc. haha... cos just like many of our young kid drummers out there, he got a chance to be among the very best in the world, not just singapore if everything fall in place

fat hope.

If he's singaporean, once he get a bit older, he'll need to serve NS :lol:
No time to play drum for 2 years, and his skill will degrade.

After that he'll be busy with education for another 2 years.

After that he'll be busy earning cent by cent for makan, get married and pay the HDB's instalment for the rest of his life. (some more when he grow up, the GST might already hit 15% :lol: )

bro, i know you so long.....since you reach that competent level, did you ever declare being gay?? :lol: rottenramone and me were outta our minds jamming with a gay for 3 pc band!!!!

Impromptu, perhaps you're not so aware of the local system...

by the time he goes NS, if he is still hot on drumming, MDC may look for him? or, he can look for MDC?
MDC => SAF Music and Drama Company
so many other local heros took that path, which is better right?
therefore, he's still a talent to keep.

:)

edo83 said:
bro, i know you so long.....since you reach that competent level, did you ever declare being gay?? :lol: rottenramone and me were outta our minds jamming with a gay for 3 pc band!!!!

umm.... actually, its worse.... *closes the closet*

Ethan is actually very good for someone his age...I would consider him a prodigy. But just like Jacob Armen, who was also a prodigy, he may just drop out of the scene when he grows up...

Heh, I saw this when I chanced upon his website today.

Congrats to Ethan!

http://www.zildjian.com/EN-US/artists/artistDetail.ad2?artistID=3066

Zildjian Welcomes New Artist - Ethan Ong

Zildjian is delighted to welcome the newest (and possibly one of our youngest) Artists to our worldwide family of Artists.

Ethan Ong, born in the United States of America, raised in Singapore and currently staying in China, was attracting huge crowds of admirers when at the tender of age of 5 years old he became Singapore's Youngest Busker, receiving high TV, Radio and newspaper attention, which led to a special 30 minute TV documentary "Superkid - Singapore's Drum Prodigy" and then later a Cable TV documentary entitled "Child Extraordinaire." Ethan also participated in the Singapore Drum Festival Competition last year and clinched the championship honors in the Junior Category. He was recognized as the "undisputed winner" by the judges in this inaugural drum event held in Asia Pacific.

Ethan has received open recognition and compliments from Chris Brien and his favourite Artist Akira Jimbo:

Ethan says "I think it's super cool to be a Zildjian Artist, just like my all-time favourite Drum Maestro Akira Jimbo. It is encouraging and exciting to be able to represent Zildjian at 9 years old! I simply love the sound of Zildjian cymbals!"

You can check out Ethan at the China Drum Camp/Competition taking place in Shanghai, China during July 2008.

Bernard and Christina Ong (Ethan's parents) comment:
"For Zildjian, this endorsement definitely heightens and creates more public awareness and energized interest in the Zildjian brand, in drumming and child/youth drummers, particularly in the Far East, where such occurrences and opportunities are almost unheard of. It certainly positions Zildjian as the undisputed leader in inspiring young Artists and bringing to the forefront, some of the world's greatest adult drummers and up and coming child prodigies. Zildjian is creating new frontiers for itself and as a brand globally, taking 'a path less traveled' once again by juxtapositioning its tonal superiority with Ethan's immense potential."

http://www.zildjian.com/EN-US/news/newsDetail.ad2?newsID=1652

Back