Carlos drumsets

they were nv in my list if i were considering buying drums/sticks.
pay abit more and get better stuffs. why not?

haix, then u came abit late..
one guy selling yamaha stage custom for 400 bucks. with thrones and stands.

cadeson's quite a decent brand. they've got quite warm sounding shells.

definitely better than the pearl rhythm traveller. and personally, better than stage custom.

then again, i've never liked stage custom to begin with.

and if you're talking about first hand, there's NO good drums that's less than 500.

that's not exactly how value for money works. 8O :D

Don't get Carlos. At least pay 100-200 bucks more to get a better one. My friend got a Carlos and it's already falling apart.

cheapEST GOOD sets:

Pearl Forums
Pearl Rhytm Traveller ( dun get it )
Tama Swingstar
Tama Stagestar
Pacific FS ( not sure abt price )
Ludwig ( not sure abt price )

all these shud range ard 500-1000

for 1000 u cut get a got Pearl export EX!Or a ludwig accent custom

This is my personal review of the said drumset.

I have being using & selling carlos performance set for a while. At $500, I think that this is the most worthwhile package you can get out there. I am also using it for my jamming studio. Almost for a year now, still largely intact. So I can vouch for the quality

For the money, you get 1X22" bass drum, 1X16" floor tom, 1X14" snare, 1X12" + 1X 13" tom. 1 straight cymbal stand, 1 boom cymbal stand, 1 hihat stand, 1 snare stand, 1 single chained pedal, 1 drum throne, cymbals as follows 12" hihat, 14" crash, 18" crash/ride. Oh yeah, also got 1 pair of sticks too. All stands are double braced, mid heavy type.

If you compare the list of items with other sets, you will find that this has much more stuffs as standard. (similar models, Peavey International, Pearl Forum, Olsen, Lazer, Inova)

The thing is that you must be very good handyman to setup the set, or else the skins won't fit snugly, which result in poor tone. Also things not tighten properly or over tighten will result in the hardware have very short lifespan.

The only weak part I found so far is the circle joint at the L-bracket for the 2 toms, which will give way if you over tighen too much. This can be remedied by putting a oversized metal washer as a repair. Other than which I think the metal are much better than other entry level drumset.

Tone wise, of course depend on the drumming style. Which can be improved immediately by putting branded drumheads instead of the stock ones. I am still using the stock ones in my own studio till now (of course I tape them up to protect them). Tone so far I have not have much complaints from my customers either, so I guess I must be tuning them rite.

There are new models coming in if I'm not wrong. Already there is another slighty better hardware model in stock. Soon the new shipment could include Maple shell model as well. So guys, I don't think you should write off this "Local" brand drumset.

How i wish Carlos n Lazer had their own website...then they could step up their competition up a notch.

Most singaporeans dont even know wad they have to offer...

Lazer is from Taiwan, and have being producing percussion instruments for quite a long while already. The brand actually boast quite a large range of products under it's branding.

Quality wise, you can always hear that its like a low end gear. This is because the range of products sold here are mainly of the entry level type, thus people will relate so. But the product has always being competetively priced, so it's worth the penny too.

For now, it seems that this brand has little presence lately, as the distributor have shifted to concentrate on other brands. But we might be hearing more about it in future if the taiwanese firm does not shift its focus too.

Yea weird...i hav even seen Lazer's Saxophone stand! 8O

I tink wad they need to do is clear the ppls mindset abt their budget lo-quality products...

1) set up a website
2) Focus on 1 form of product ( if its drums..let it be...dun go to woodwinds yet )
3) More publicity...

Mikemann...u said maple? but maple...theres a lot of maple...and diff grades...hopefully its not budget maples :lol:

Haha..... the Lazer catalog feature either the boss or one of the high maganement uncle posing in a full business suit sitting on a 5pcs drumset. Very hilarious.

I think they are a traditional company, with the internet meaning just email communications (I agree on that view, as the internet is way way overrated). They would not want to spend money to do up a proper website professionally.

The others like Carlos, basically is an OEM product. Which is built to demand. So the manufacturer just care about producing, as the brand is not related to their business anyway. I guess the distributor also see the product as just a small part of turnover. Thus you can't find info on the Net.

Thus like I said, the internet is way way overrated.

Back