Can an electro-acoustic guitar use electric guitar effects?

burping_boy

Does anyone here uses electro-acoustic guitars with your effects pedal/processor? Isit even possible?
Will an electro-acoustic guitar sound like an electric guitar with effects?
Can it be distorted or etc?
I am aware that there are dedicated effects pedal/processor for the acoustic guitars like the ZOOM A2 & A2.1, Korg PX4A, TC Electronics G-Natural etc, but is there any difference between acoustic guitar effects and electric guitar effects?

On a side note, isit possible for an electric guitar to use acoustic guitar effects pedals/processor?

Please advise me, as i only have an electro-acoustic guitar now, and i'm thinking of getting an effects processor.

Thank you very much!

imho.

yes, you can interchange those effect to be used with either electric, electric acoustic or bass.

As long as you follow the order of input goes to output and output to input etc, and lastly to amp, you can use it.

Using effect processor on electric acoustic or electric, will not turn your sound into either instrument. The effect processor is like colouring/finishing on a car. Colour only change the exterior look of the car, but wont alter the brand or performance of the car.

As such, effect processor add colours on your instrument sound, but wont change the characteristic of the instrument.(Statment in general, without looking at simulator effect which can alter electric guitar to acoustic guitar sound type)

As for distortion on electro acoustic, yes, it is possible, as long as your insturment output, connect to the input of the distortion pedal and from distortion pedal output to amp, you can distort the acoustic signal. But the most important thing is that whether do you like the sound or not. Lotsa adjustment is required to get the sound you like and also there will be problem of feedback if the gain is too hight plus the fact of the sound hole, which is easy to get feedback if you turn up the volume or gain too much.

for the different in acoustic and electic effect processor, imho,the modulation effect are the same, only different cud be only whether each processor are more tuned to either electric guitar frequency or acoustic type frequency. As each instrument signal usually has its own frequency range, those processor made for its kinda, usually shud be able to sound better with the correct instrument.

Not saying that we cant interchange and use, as i mentioned earlier, as long as your input and out put all aligned, you can plug in and play. The most important thing wud be whether does it sound good or not, that, will have to depend on individual

Back