Buying in Singapore

MrM@

Ok stupid ang moh expat question time from me.
I have asked the local rep for a leading manufacturer 3 times for a price on a number of synth options and he still hasn't quoted yet after 3 weeks. Another major retailer said if I pay now it might be possible I can have what I'd like to order in November. What i would like to know is if it is possible to find a retailer in Singapore interested in an attractive transaction for a local buyer or do they all actually want us to buy from major hardware from a global online website and just buy cables from them?

Last edited:
What synth brand are you looking at? For some niche brands, there is usually low demand so local retailers dont keep many units in stock, if any, and only bring in when an order is placed.

Yes i know just grumbling about the guy who hasnt quoted mostly :)

I dont expect them to have stock here but why would i pay full price to wait 3 months when i can pay full price to get one from overseas in a week. No deposit/pre-order offered and after 2 out of 3 local websites said they had in stock but when i email to confirm they actually dont.

Anyways i guess its juno or thomann.

I order from Juno or Thomann and don’t bother with the local guys.

I need some more cables for my eurorack modular and one of the local dealers quoted double the price of ordering from abroad and they were going to take 3 months.
Obvious Roland/Korg stuff or cheaper Arturia is fine but anything interesting (to me anyway) just doesn’t get brought in.

Usually I buy from reverb and thomann. Confirm cheaper than local shops even after shipping and GST 7%
But the real push factor is the consistent availability of stock and wide selection.

Latest posts

Back