Buying Beginner Keyboard Help

Icel3m0nt3a

I have not had any piano lessons before and was hoping to self learn. I intend to buy a keyboard with the following specs. Im asking here so I don't have to break new ground trying to find it, budget hopefully $100-200, max $300

-Minimum 61 Keys
-Keys same size as traditional piano
-Touch Sensitive Keys
-Polyphony min. 32 keys
-Speakers
-Power Adapter

It would also be good if it had the following features:

-Bench
-Keyboard Stand
-Music Stand
-Reversion to Default Setting
- Pedal

I was looking at the Yamaha PSR E233, but I could not find out if it has touch sensitive keys and whether the keys are the size im looking at. Hoping someone can help, thanks! It would also be good if you guys can recommend good books to start learning piano ^^

The budget is quite low suggest you hunt around this site etc for 2nd hand older Yamaha Model. You should be able to get eg dgx202 or E323 for abt than SGD$ 100 - SGD$ 150. Then you spent the SGD$ 150 to get a freelance tutor (that is you go to their home to learn) to get you jump start learning piano. (says once every 2 weeks to stretch out your dollar). for books Alfred beginning Piano book should be good you can hunt around for 2nd hand to stretch your dollar. Having a good tutor to guide you thru begineer stage is more impt than a better keyboard.

Back