Buying a stompbox online

rock-fied

I just wanna ask any experienced buyers. Whether is it a good idea to purchase a the Line6 M9 online and ship it over. Since the greenback is at such a low rate right now. Thank you for any replies.

i think it'll be around the same because shipping is expensive. I bought my sonic stomp online but it was on offer so i got it for 120SGD. But other than that... so far the other pedals are around the same price. other than TC hall of fame through PGS. but that was a mass order so shipping was free. didn't save much either like 5 dollar difference. I think it would just be better to buy from city music. Could always wait a few months for the sale if you can tahan

M9 is relatively larger/heavier than a single stompbox, so unless you can get a good shipping deal, it might be better to get local, with local warranty from City Music. For single stompboxes on sites like Proguitarshop that offer free international shipping, definitely cheaper because of the low USD.

I buy a majority of my effects online cos its cheaper. But be sure to do your research first. Use combined shipping for a few items makes shipping less painful. Another important factor to consider are the voltage differences in power adapter. (110 vs 240) For those effects that use weird voltages like 9VAC or 12V etc. For those 9VDC no problems.

For the M9 I think its better to buy from citymusic as they are able to repair your M9 should it spoil or smth. Citymusic actually has pretty good prices on their items as compared to online prices, e.g. their korg pitchblack is selling at S$85 whereas its going for USD$89 online.

I think that for the M9 the difference is minimal, and in that case it is better to buy here.
Also, as mentioned above, remember the power adapter. The US one won't work here so you'll have to get one.

You know what? I just bought an M9 from ebay recently, since citymusic doesn't have stock at that time. I saved about $100 in all. For me, that's quite a big saving.

Make use of the free shipping within US and get ebenex to ship over the item for you. You can save quite abit on the shipping.
Also ask the seller if he can remove the adapter and give u discount since you have no use for it. I believe most will be willing to do that since they can put it up for sale at a higher price.

Warranty wise, the seller promise to exchange with me a new set within a month if anything goes wrong. So far everything's been good.

Of course, if you do not want to deal with all the communications, waiting time and the hassles if the stuff is faulty, you can just get it straight from citymusic.

Back