Brady snare users...

alvyn

Hey guys,

Just wondering if anybody's using Brady Snares? In particular a 13x6 (or 5.5) Jarrah Solid Shell snare.

Just saw that Singapore has a dealer (posted it under drum shops in singapore) for Ayotte and Brady, so I emailed them to get a quotation for it.

I've heard good reviews about Brady Solid Shell snares, but I've yet to hear one. I was hoping that if any bros/sis have a Jarrah solid shell snare, he/she could post an audio for me to check it out.

:) thanks and regards

i have a 14x4.5. made in queensland by this guy called paul warry.
he owns metro drums, check for him on myspace.
it cost me less than half the price of a brady and it sounds as gd if not better.
brady's are nice but over priced i feel

another thing is jarrah's sound is really high pitched. a block snare of really bust ur ears. mine is a stave shell with the grain running vertical down. it's abt 1 to 1.5inches thick, 45degree bearing edges on both sides.
a block with be really loud and the crack will be ear splitting literally, its not a snare u play on when ur prac at home for sure.

i have a 14x4.5. made in queensland by this guy called paul warry.
he owns metro drums, check for him on myspace.
it cost me less than half the price of a brady and it sounds as gd if not better.
brady's are nice but over priced i feel

another thing is jarrah's sound is really high pitched. a block snare of really bust ur ears. mine is a stave shell with the grain running vertical down. it's abt 1 to 1.5inches thick, 45degree bearing edges on both sides.
a block with be really loud and the crack will be ear splitting literally, its not a snare u play on when ur prac at home for sure.

Hey bro, don't mind me posting here instead of PMing you - I think that this thread will be good for those who are interested in custom drums like Brady, and/or are interested in getting stave/solid shell snare drums.

Could I get the myspace url for Paul Warry? Interested in contacting him...

I'm not too worried abt the volume because I'm practicing in hall, which has a band room. i'm just wondering what kind of fundamental tone i'll get with the snare drum, the tuning range etc.

I've also heard that stave shells and solid shell snares are heavy as hell... is that really true? Do I need a more sturdy bag to keep em?

Demi God recommended me to Metro Drums before and I emailed them for some queries. Owner Paul is a very cool, friendly guy! And his pricing is quite good too.

The link is http://www.myspace.com/metrodrums

Other than being a nice person, his drums look awesome and the clips on MySpace, especially the Rosegum Kit 1, sounds really good in my opinion.

Check it! Check it!

Last edited:
Nice Snare and Kit - It sound nice from the clips. Bro blurred (and killerBee) thks for the lead.

Killerbee sis [EDITED!!!] ... just want to check with you how much you paid for your snare and what size you got. If you're uncomfortable releasing the price openly feel free to PM me...

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I got a reply from Paul from Metrodrums and here it is! Firstly they do not produce solid shell snares, only ply and stave snares.

-------------

"A 13x6 Metro snare will cost you $765 for satin or $840 for the polished gloss.
I use 2.3mm steel hoops and the Dunnett swivel strainer as standard. Wood hoops made from fingerjointed solid jarrah are an extra $200 and the Trick strainer is an extra $45.
At the present time snare drums are taking 8 to 10 weeks for delivery after deposit is received. (I am really busy!)
I work with a 50% deposit and final payment upon completion, before shipping.
All prices quoted are in Australian dollars and include gst."

SGD$1 ~ AUD$1.28

--------------

Pretty decent prices, until shipping comes in, which most probably will be quite killer. Sigh.

Uhh guys.

I got a reply from B.H.Hoe enterprises regarding my quotation on a 14x6 brady jarrah solid shell..

"Jarrah Solid Shells are custom made, Brady cannot give me an exact duration for the production for a solid Jarrah shell, may take up to 1 year. Price is above S$9K Very X. "

I'm not too versed with brady custom drums, but surely $9000 for a solid shell snare is a bit exaggerated?

But on the brighter side of things, I received quotes for block snares and ply snares... all brady.

"Block shells are great alternative to the solid. Price for 13" x 5.5" Jarrah Block in satin finish S$2360 Nett, Gloss finish S$2640.00Nett (Custom built)

I have some Jarrah ply Satin finish, 14" x 5.5" , list price S$2020 and 14" x 6.5" list price S$2100.00 in stock
Year End Sale, Less 25% for existing stock. A good bargin not too be missed "

FYI, pls.

The below is a Very Exotic Brady's Snare Drum put up for Sales at eBay - It's Beautiful.lllllllllllllllllllllllllll - at a Buy-It-Now USD880 ..only ...check it out - click the link to see it - 3 more days before Bidding ends.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...item=180183897029&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

Thanks bro, but I'm looking for smaller snare haha. Btw bro "buy-it-now!" means its a direct transaction with the dealer issit?

Will all sellers have this buy-it-now function?

Thanks bro, but I'm looking for smaller snare haha. Btw bro "buy-it-now!" means its a direct transaction with the dealer issit?

Will all sellers have this buy-it-now function?

I saw at e-bay also a 13" Brady (Reddish in colour) - actually it's still there for Bidding - but I do not know if it had been ended already. HOwever this snare is not as nice as the 14" one...lugs are different.

Buy-It-Now...means - There is no bid - the Seller name his price he wanted for the particular item - Buyer who wants it - Click Buy It Now - Pay right-away....deal is closed.

This month alone I had 4 Transaction - 3 came in already (no problem at all), still waiting for 1 more item.....I had a good experience at ebay....nice but can get hook...hahaha.

wah... lang-gladstone :shock:

at first i thought is some time-travel collaboration thing between thomas "ah" lang and billy gladstone... lol!

Back