beginner looking for help: J&D S4B Bass guitar

if ya are looking for playability , i would recommend the yamaha RBX 374

try it if you can , the yamaha plaza singapura outlet might have one. it is really a darned good model.

pros : very very comfortable to play , great neck , string spacing. thumbrest cavities
cons: weak pups, none too decent preamp. sub-par tones IMO

i think its slightly over 500 after discount , but its really really a great bass to play around with if you arent particular about the tone.

redpoppy said:
thor666>> Hi there, maybe i misunderstood your post, but im not referring to a Craftsman bass.

i'm answering to ur "open to suggestions" statement leh. :p

ok maybe i have low expectations of basses. :D i don't slap, i don't tap... as long as i can play out a funky riff without much effort, i'd love the bass. :lol:

i'm not a fulltime bass player (i'm a guitarist who loves playing the bass) so i can't say much about stuff i haven't tried. Good luck with getting your bass.

my bad, i asked the salesman and he said j and d is a taiwanese brand so i assumed that they were made in taiwan! oh i was referring to my electric guitar, not bass, just trying to state that j and d shouldnt be overlooked jus cos its a taiwanese brand or made in china for that matter

personal preference lah ..

my advice is .... "TRY TRY TRY" .. i mentioned in one of my previous post that it's like finding "THE ONE" .. yeah .have to keep looking then you'll find it .. don't be afraid to try it out even though you are a noob .. shops are there to sell and if you don't try out, how the heck you know how it feels or sounds?

Scold them if they make fun of you .. i would do so .. =) ..

Latest posts

Back