Battle of Sound 2010 (English, Jrock, Chinese Rock, and others all welcomed)

band registration for Battle of Sound 2010

i'd like to register my band! where do we start?

Faqs:

Q: How to register my band?*

Contact Uncle David from Music Villa Jamming @ 97537038 and register your band and make registration payment @ Blk 201D Tampines St 21 #03-1145

Q: By When?

End Of May 2010 (Whoever who registers before the end of April will get an hour- free jamming session in the big jamming room at Music Villa Jamming (MVJ). Application date might close earlier than the above-mentioned date once the registration is full.

Q: Can I bring my friends / fans?
Tickets are available at $5 each from MVJ (For the whole 4 Hr long event)

Q: How is the place like?
Air-Conditioned big hall with decent gear and a simple stage to perform, the rest is very much up to how are you going to “rock” it up.

^_^ call uncle david and register your band bro.

see you at the competition~

hi, so far how many bands have registered? I read that bands are given ten mins to showcase whatever they plan to. But where does the challenge part "band v band" comes in? is it after the ten mins or it in the semi final or something? I am not sure about that. thanks! haha

Battle Of Sound

Hi Zac,

around 16 bands have signed up.

the battle part is very flexible, at the end of the show if u think u saw some bands that are pretty good that makes you wanna challenge, simply tell the MCee and they'll see if the bands accepted the challenge, then each bands will have to play 1 song and let the crowd decide.

actually this is a common practice found in Hong Kong, Australia and so on, so we're trying to bring in some of their culture into SG, hope the ppl will like the idea.

Hi Zac,

around 16 bands have signed up.

the battle part is very flexible, at the end of the show if u think u saw some bands that are pretty good that makes you wanna challenge, simply tell the MCee and they'll see if the bands accepted the challenge, then each bands will have to play 1 song and let the crowd decide.

actually this is a common practice found in Hong Kong, Australia and so on, so we're trying to bring in some of their culture into SG, hope the ppl will like the idea.

what bands can we look forward to seeing? any idea so far?

eh i tot alredy smsed you all the final details?? every participating bands should have received the message.

btw...IT IS TODAY! SEE YOU ALL THERE!! =)

Battle Of Sound

anyone went? what do u guys think?

1) i think lights too bright, they should switch off some lights...

2) saw some pretty good bands (especially the last band, abit sad they're not even in the top 3, i asked the judges, but they say beside performance, they will also look at stage showmanship and...outfit, for example the runner up-kiss-makeup band, but...i dont see much diff on stage showmanship and outfits between winner/third place and the last band.

3) Glad to see despite more than 4-5 bands unable to come last minute, we still got 20 bands, and ticket was sold out. =)

4) Anything u think the event can still improve on, can write down here.

5) Will you all come back for the event next time, if there is any?

and also, i will try to post all your videos and pictures of the winners whatever i can get ASAP. no worries =)

btw, anyone of u invited to play at jalan bukit merah there? anyone going??

Back