Battle of Sound 2010 (English, Jrock, Chinese Rock, and others all welcomed)

kien0203

-=Battle Of sound=-

What: Battle of Sound Competition
When: 12/6/2010 (Sat) 11am – 3pm
Where: Pasir Ris Elias C.C (Air-conditioned Hall)

Prizes
1st winner $300
2nd winner $200
3rd winner $150

Calling all aspiring bands looking for a place to be heard, no genre or language restriction, let it be English Rock, Pop, Jrock, Mando-Rock or whatsoever. Show us what you’ve got and see who is the best. Many Genre but there is only ONE rule: Show your best and beat the rest!

Registration is $10 for each band member,and must register before end of May. Musicians of any genre (except hardcore) are welcomed to apply.
Please Contact Uncle David @ 97537038 to register your Band.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Faqs:

Q: How to register my band?*

Contact Uncle David from Music Villa Jamming @ 97537038 and register your band and make registration payment @ Blk 201D Tampines St 21 #03-1145

Q: By When?

End Of May 2010 (Whoever who registers before the end of April will get an hour- free jamming session in the big jamming room at Music Villa Jamming (MVJ). Application date might close earlier than the above-mentioned date once the registration is full.

Q: Can I bring my friends / fans?
Tickets are available at $5 each from MVJ (For the whole 4 Hr long event)

Q: How is the place like?
Air-Conditioned big hall with decent gear and a simple stage to perform, the rest is very much up to how are you going to “rock” it up.

Q: Can we challenge any particular bands for a Music Battle?
If You’re good enough and they accepted your challenge, the winner will be decided by neutral voters and our judges. Please make sure good sportsmanship is practiced throughout the event.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the organizer:

We know there are many of you out there who loves music and performing in front of a passionate sell-out crowd. What we are trying to do is just to provide you guys with a regular platform to perform, and to enjoy it with your friends and a place to build up your fan base, show off your originals and let us HEAR you. To be honest, we’re losing money every time we organized such events, all the fees we’ve collected are for rental of CC spaces, prize money, labor, transport and mobilization of the instruments.

If we can make this event a successful one, expect more to come on regular basis, weekly and monthly, let this be the beginning of something great.

For those who wish to sign up, all the best and see you there.

Yours
Music Villa Jamming

Last edited:
Covers and Originals all accepted

Any genre and language except hardcore (well, you know la...at CC)

the prize money is too little to campare with other competitions available at this forum, we're just organising this ourselves with very limited funds and with no sponsor. We just wanted to let all the bands here to have a regular place to perform and have fun together, at the same time, get to know other bands around the island.

How long is each band expected to play? How many slots are there for registration?

currently each band is given 10 mins to play, so you guys can plan it.

the organiser is looking for 30 bands, but 20 will do as well, and each band will get more playing time by then.

now 8 bands already registered.

he didnt reply my sms nor my calls. :X

hi fyan

sorry about it, i guess maybe he is too busy, coz he is running the jamming studio on his own till late night sometimes.

i've told him about it, i think he will reply to you soon.

thanks =)

Back