Basswood body, what SD pickups?

stillwater

Hi guitar players,
I'm in the midst of deciding what humbucker bridge pickup should i put on my guitar with a basswood body, floyd rose style bridge, bolt on maple neck, rosewood fretboard. any recommendations is greatly appreciated.
Not meant to tailor to any particular style, but would prefer a darker tone. Then again, im open to options.

Preferably Seymour duncan, since Davis retails them :D

Thanks!

basswood + floyd rose: you have to give it a bass boost. the Duncan Custom/ PATB models would do the job well. sounds very good with high gain settings too.

Duncan PATB
pa_tb_2b.jpg

subversion said:
basswood + floyd rose: you have to give it a bass boost. the Duncan Custom/ PATB models would do the job well. sounds very good with high gain settings too.

Duncan PATB
pa_tb_2b.jpg

bro, there are pa-tb1, pa-tb2 and pa-tb2 on SD website. Which one you are refering to?

i'd recommend all 3 because all of them sound impressive (by my standard). the Blues Saraceno model has the deepest bass response, if you are into low end, you'd like this pickup.

the Distortion PATB is simply the Original incarnation, just more top end & output for those who factor in the amp's volume level in their distortion equation.

to hear the Blues Saraceno PATB in action, refer to the following albums:

c0046856_16191049.jpg

in this album, Saraceno uses his custom Yamaha:
saraceno.jpg

in his subsequent release, Hair pick, the Samick Saraceno was used exclusively. it's one of the smoothest tone i've come across..

blueshair.jpeg

jimmyguitar1.jpg

Subversion,
in the plaid album, Saraceno was using the original parallel axis. his own blues signature pickup wasn't out then am i rite to say that?

his signature model was there in the album but it's not commissioned yet. the reason you'd hear some tracks having a smoother tone than the rest. i read that in an article in Guitar For The Practising Musician (GFTPM) which is now defunct. yes, i'm that old...

i have a patb2 in my bridge, pretty good, coil splitted you can get a slight strat-ish sound when clean when distorted its rather sharp and cuts through,

Back