Bassist looking for Weekend Warriors for some experi-metal.

thesumoon

Hello fellow softies. I'm a Weekend Warrior; still in NS. So I'm looking for some like-minded musicians to jam with. If you have other commitments and other musical projects, by all means carry on. This is just a "release-tension" band for you to go to, if you don't have "kakis" to jam with. I'm just a lazy bassist, I can play guitar though not so good and abit of drums but I'm really lazy so I'm sitting back, while you guys run the show. Cheers! :D

And I'm also a believer in "everyman"; in other words "cheapskate" for wanting less. I intend this jamming band to be just a 4-piece, so expect the vocalist to double up as guitarist vice-versa. I'd like to pretend I could sing, so I shall still do that (forever failing). I listen to almost anything rock/metal - includes J-metal like Sex Machineguns, Anthem etc, industrial like PAIN, Ruoska, Rammstein - and mashing up some oldie song, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=la3pLaE8Y30&feature=youtu.be

Maybe in this combination:

Rhythm guitarist/vocalist
Lead guitarist/"screamer" (Like Trivium, Lamb of God)
Bassist/backup vocalist
Drummer - just basic double-pedalling will do
*Keyboardist/piano skill is a bonus if you have it, more song choices!*

Songs I have in mind (Rough list, since different tunings, but we'll probably stick with Eb):

Built to fall - Trivium
Ending credits(instrumental) - Opeth
Hypnotize - System of a down
For whom the bell tolls - Metallica
It's my life - Bon jovi
So far away - Avenged Sevenfold

It's really high-achieving for someone as lousy as me to find these musicians to jam with. So I just need people of my music-level. The pros needn't bother; you deserve better. (This post is really like a poor "resume" for being self-bombing).

Sorry if it's a long post but it really is. So, you've just wasted like a minute reading what's above and another 2 to digest those word; sorry about that. So you can reply here, PM me, email me at samurai452005@hotmail.com, or Facebook message me (via email add.).

In short, if I fail to find you musicians, I will go back to being a carrot at your local neighbourhood store. So try not to miss this chance! Thanks for wasting your time reading what's above. No, really, thanks. Have a nice day!

I can take a look. But I only have a 4-string bass. Most of the songs in that album made used of 7-stringer.. so I guess, a 5-string bass too?

Back