Bass Teacher Wanted...

i agree with rylche.
Group classes are not effective cos u always have to wait for the slower ones which is damn irritating. heh. sorry to the those who r slow.

yah rottenramone, i heard bong is teaching individual lessons at soma now. To me, i think he's prob the best ard. Gibson, call soma loh.

jon sim is good too. but dunno where he teaches

I dun mind looking for Bong if I got the $$ but now I dun... so looking for cheaper alternative...

rylche: can let me know how ur lesson after your first lesson with wendy ?

hey can you guys pm me some of the numbers and rates of the bass instructors? i'm interested in taking lessons too. just don't have the discipline to sit down and memorize all the modes by myself haha. need teacher to give me homework :p

hey kelvin, do you give lessons? a friend of mine mentioned your name when i mentioned i wanted a teacher.

revive: bass teachers in sg

haha lol, i'm looking for a bass teacher too... anyone know which bass teacher is more towards the progressive bass side? most of the bass teachers i know prefer the slap pop and soul groove sorta bass, and while that interests me, i'm more of the myung style fan... yep, lazy to start a new thread =X

My advice...take piano lessons and play bass or transcribe lead instrument parts onto bass and try to 'turn' them into basslines in your own way.

ahhh ic... awesome suggestion dude :D but i suck at the piano. i dont know why. can't play it for nuts sia - the pattern of the keys just don't flow. i can think of the melody and play it out on a bass, transcribe a keyboard line on my bass, but i can barely do anything except play chords on the piano =(

Dont take this the wrong way... But teachers can only show you the way, open doors for you. Sometimes, only sometimes one is better off learning by oneself. You just have to figure if you really need guidance in this one area and go from there.

Back