baritone

slipout

What excalty is baritone? I dont really get it. Its meant to give a "similar" feel to 7 strings? It have longer scales (so do 7 strings have longer scales?)?. And too, i heard that it have lesser tension when stringed with 0.09? ????? Pretty confuse around this corner? Actually im looking for a thicker strings sets, but not for a higher tension? So is baritone for me? And too mmm1 really look decent for the price.

Baritone means a lower voiced instrument. Baritone guitars come with 27 inch necks, longer than the 25.5 of say, Ibanez.

A baritone can be a 6 stirng or a 7.

THe longer scale length gives MORE tension, not less.

Longer scale lenght also means the bass sounds tighter and more focused, thats why, together with the increased tension, baritones are meant to be detuned.

Yar longer scale means more tension right? But how come i heard some people says that when it is stringed with 0.09 its feel pretty flappy :?: pretty confuse about that area

baritone uses different set of strings with thicker gauge and usually tuned B-B across. Even the thinnest string should be thicker than 0.09. It shouldn't have the case of flabby string.

Locally quite hard to get baritone strings set. One thing to consider if really want to get and use a baritione. Dont think they stock it much or even bring in at all.

baritone strings set for a baritone to sound like a baritone instead of sounding like a guitar with thicker string and just playing all the chuggah chuggah or soloing like the 80s... :wink:

brundisium said:
baritone uses different set of strings with thicker gauge and usually tuned B-B across

hmm never really heard of these strings for baritone

ShredCow said:
Longer scale lenght also means the bass sounds tighter and more focused, thats why, together with the increased tension, baritones are meant to be detuned.

+1
i love the tight chug of a good baritone, tho i dont really see myself tuning to B, or even C.

there are no exclusive strings for baritone units, these are simply thicker gauged ones available in the market. they are packaged together for convenience, just like strings for 7string guitars.

yeah.. like the ghs zakk wylde set.. .10 to .60... thick enough for ur liking.. btw, where to get baritones in s'pore?? any good brands to recommend??

i used to own the Mike Mushok baritone 8)

MMM1MOL.jpg

it's my favoured baritone, others i've tried, namely Yamaha & Epiphone, are not as organic as this Ibanez. pity the endorser's association which marked up the price quite a bit.

Back