Barber tonepress Trim Pots

Kimmi

Hey guys,

wonder if anyone here has any ideas regarding the trim pots in the barber tone press.

color3.jpg

how far to the right or left can i turn it to?

i read the site but it didn't really answer my doubts.

is there any way to 'mod' so that i can adjust externally if i find it useful?

cheers!

nope, i dont know whats the trim pot for, but do be careful when comes to trimpot.

Pedal maker used trimpot sometime when its something that they dont want the user to muck around with. It could be for calibration purposes(which might involve oscilloscope) or just simple paramter range etc.

If its the former(for calibration) then forget bout it, leave the thing in there, you wont want to mess up the pedal.

a trimpot is like a potentiometer(aka variable resistor) used in out guitar, except smaller, so, its quite possible to change to the bigger pot. But in the first place, whats the trimpot for?

if not sure, then imho, play the pedal on the outside and not tinker with the innard. The trimpot is there for a reason perhaps. Why wanna disrupt the balance and peace
icon10.gif

oh,because i was reading the instruction and it read

"“Color” control is located inside the Tone Press, it is the brown trim
pot on the right, this control sets the tonal
attitude of the entire pedal and is electronically located in the final
mix amp. Setting this control “full on” will
give the Tone Press an open snappy color, setting it at half way or lower
will give a round vintage quality to the
Tone Press."

yea,i was hoping to tweak the settings hoping to find something better.=)

ah ok. Theres less worrying, since its being mentioned in the manual.

if you wanna adjust the thing to play with, use a fine tip marker, make points on the edge of the trimpot to note the original placement first before adjusting. So anytime if wanna adjust to the original setting, you can do that.

another more accurate way, you can use a multimeter to measure the resistance of the trimpot at the original setting. Just need to adjust back to the original resistance when need to.

Back