Band name.....

Wat do u tink if ur other band member has other project band?

• Will let him play with other bands(Schedule so dat be able to commit in the band)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Will not allow him to play with other band(Jus stick to 1)

• Will consider him in the band(If i were to find a committed ppl, I will choose him)

• Total voters

Ady

Since nitrovo wanted to find a band name....

Y not I open a post for watever band u hv or played before....

Wat r the names, y the name or hv any special meaning, reasons or symbolic....???

Maybe can tell us ur more bout your band.....?

This way also we do not clash with names dat r available.....

K....
Let me start......

D.A.S.I.M. Names taken from the 5 initial names of the band member. Used for a competiton at toa payoh ard early 90's. Disbanded

Independent. Name used for a comp at marine parade cc. Foud out it was a name taken from an underground secret society gangster.

Atrac. Name used for a band comp at tampines family day 04'. Taken from sony discman mp3 format. Disbanded

Listzen Name form cos the band r from same area.

2359. Name given by the drummer. Used for band competition like Band Alert 99, lagenda comp 99, gig at wdland in 03'. Played lots of Mr. Big stuff. Goin to disbanded.

L.S.D. Name used for grunge/alternative band dat was created by the bassist. Low Sound Damage.

AGIH A malay name which means to share and divide. Was ard for bout 5yrs. Mainly play indo stuff....like padi, dewa n gigi. Write of original stuff too.....Name is still being used by the owner.

SOL Ave. A transition of AGIH to a nu band cos im the only surviving member in the band. Stil same concept as AGIH but more progressive n creative/groove beats.

13. Nu line-up. Into Incubus, RATM, 3 Doors Down, SOAD, Puddle of Mudd. Experimental n creative......

Enjoy ur weekend......

static impedance: too much studying of physics. was a pretty cool name too. :) basically with members from JC days

stellarnova: basically it means ubergigantic nova. members loosely from JC days, acquaintances and outside of our cliques. i've left stellarnova since.

the n00bs: my current band before it changed name. basically it describes how n00b we were. made up for 3 of us from sec school/JC days, and two others whom we recruited.

rezo: it's a short-form for resonance, with the s changed with a z. same lineup. name partly conned cos of my preference for feedback (wanted "feedback paradise" as a band name at one point.) :wink:

B.A.I.T - Boys Always in Trouble
Sec 2 band. yeah i noe it was corny but we jammed hard till we all failed mid year exams collectively.haha. mainly grunge and alternative. Disbanded. (founding member still playing in my band now.heh.)

Eclipse - Malay Rock. heh. used for a competition held by now defunct Jeff Studios and first time performing in front of a World Trade Centre Amphitheatre crowd. Disbanded.

Panggung Khayalan - Ethnic Funk Malay fusion. ok it means theatre of dreams or dream theater haha..but no we're not even a tad progressive. DT fans don't flame me. we seriously realised bout it after a few months.heh. :oops:
Used for CC competitions Cheng San '98 and '99. R.I.P

Furla - Nu metal. Used for a gig at youth park. Covers of S.O.A.D and Incubus. Took the name from our bassist's suggestion. He said it was from a hentai or anime character. Then we saw the designer handbag boutique shop open with the same name. Disbanded. Singer commited suicide. R.I.P bro. We love you.

Blue Titanium - Cavett knows bout this.hehhehe. formed as a project for the Yamaha Asian beats 2002. no we did not get thru first round but had a jolly good time turning Abba's "Lay All Your Love On Me" to power metal.heh. Disbanded.

Ckorruptd Kconsept - rapcore. Formed as a project for BOTB 03. Managed to squeeze past heats to the quarters.hehe. Disbanded.

Garage - 3 piece childhood grunge alternative group covering Nirvana,Grand Funk and Sepultura. Gigged at Tribute to Nirvana and Blast the Sound earlier part of 2004. Still jamming together.

Fatskunks - Don't ask me how we came up with the name. I haven't thought of a proper explanation yet. heh.

BLEED - Side project with members of GLITCHED for weekly POW slots. Mostly covers of Silverchair, Nirvana, Gavin DeGraw, John Mayer and Britney Spears. yes..we love her pre-natal look.

side projects are fun. just get your priorities right. anyone wanna cover Killswitch Engage? :p

Ady, are you the singer of LSD? saw you guys in action at the Tribute To Nirvana gig. Djasman from Dancing Nancies played drums. Great set lah you all.. :wink:

this are few band names you can consider.....

octavarium

erotomania

panic attack

and my everfavourite, which no band members has ever agreed till today...Bukkake

cheers!!

Grimbrody, sorry to hear your singer commit suicide. was it becuase of the band breakup and did you break up becuase a shop had the same name or it just didnt work out?

w00t for bukkake :D

I wonder how many people know what it is hmmmm

nahh...he jumped cos of depression. we were all actually talkin bout having a last gig together that time.. but well..before we could even step into the jamming studio..he went away. major bouts of depression. young dude.

the group was going along ok and we didnt mind bout the designer handbag name...haha. but due to it being a project band with everyone else coming from different bands..didn't really materialise into something big.

Grimbrody Nope. Dats Faisa.l Im the guitarist in LSD.....Djasman was helping filling us the drummer role. We almost did not want to play for Tribute To Nirvana cos no drummer. Talk to Awil n he help us by recommending to Djasman.

Now Faisal hv left the band.....left the to of us... Me n the bassist. Ani1 wana be Dave grohl. PM me.....

Btw....which slot we u playing....n wat instrument....?

I was a cool gig....everyone in the house was singing all along...

Hmm this is kinda fun.

NYP combo band - this was back in 1996-98, a little hazy there. We basically played pop/rock. My first gig ever was with these guys, at Taka square!

Disharmonic Symphony - Hooked up with one NYP guy, and formed this cover band playing Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Helloween and some orginals. Only chinese guy in a band of Malay dudes hehe. Disbanded...

Anova - Played 'notalgic' pop, jazzy pop, funk, R&B and some rock. Only gigged at Moods Cafe (where are you??). Disbanded.

Aphelion - Spent some years with these guys, jamming, hanging out with them, but its not my band.

Funkburger - Modern Funk? Joined Asianbeat. Just a project band. Disbanded.

Hairball - Project band with Izzar from reggar stars Fatskunks :D Never lasted hahaha. Disbanded lol

Soul in Progress - Soul, rock and pop covers. Gigged at Thumper with DYL

Firebrands - Heavy rock. Recently did one at expo under HeartLok.

John Doe - Covers band. Currently gigging at Sentosa's Cool Shack.

Back