B.Y.O.C pedals

There are many many many clones of the TSes..

Eg, Biyang OD8 etc..

The TS-9 in particular uses the JRC4558 Chip which can be found in the biyang, and even the Barber direct drive which i use..

My suggestion is that if you cannot afford a TS9, get a biyang OD-8.

It comes with 3 interchangeable chips INCLUDING the JRC4558. and two others..TL072 and one more..

It retails at $100 brand new.

I myself used one till i changed to a modded Maxon OD-9, and i have to say its really worth the money if you wanna get close to the TS sound, the biyang is really money well spent.

( can get it from SV )

Haha true true, unless wat u r looking for r "pimped up" TS clones. In any case if u wanna get a true bred TS i would suggest the Maxon ones although it is imo over priced.

oh yeah i forgot to mention. if u want to get a TS clone, because u cannot afford a TS, then go with what superpotato said,

OR

imo, get the digitech bad monkey. please dont rule that out because u think digitech is a crap brand.. ahha its not! the bad monkey is one heck of a good, cheeap TS clone. bang for buck

erm. do u know what the characteristics of a tubescreamer are? other than being so called "tube" sounding..

a clone means the pedal is built along the same schematics and characteristics of the original pedal.

whats ur purpose of wanting a TS clone? is it because a normal ibanez tubescreamer is over budget? or u think its not good enough so u want a pimped up boutique TS clone?

hahah slowly lah.. save up for one lah. can find quite easily on the buy/sell what. and, a cheap good TS type od is the digitech bad monkey. bang for buck.

ts are known for cutting a bit of low end and having this mid hump. some ppl love it, some ppl hate it. so its up to personal taste.

if u are thinking of BYOC i think assembled, they cost more than the tubescreamer itself. if u think abt building one urself, it might be one of the easier projects. but do note, BYOC pedals are good. but only as good as the builder.

why not go for the ibanez ts7? its still a legitimate tubescreamer and i think it cost as much as the bad monkey first hand as well as 2nd hand.

Why are you getting a TS type pedal in the first place? Is it cos you are trying to achieve the tone?

TS and tube amp. The TS is really meant to sound best in tube amps and sound crap in SS amps.

Back