Audio interfaces: Which one to get?

rock-fied

Alright, after doing some research into audio interfaces i've came up this.
Firstly, i'm just planning to record multiple guitars for now, but i'll definitely expand into adding vocals and synths/samples in the future, hence a need for a midi in and midi out capability along with mic I/Os.

So with this in mind the options I have would be the Lexicon Lambda, Tascam US122/144, Focusrite Saffire 6. OR M-audio fast track 2/fire wire Solo and Line6 UX1/2 (upgrading to a more comprehensive interface in the future). Reccomendations would be more than welcome as this list I have certainly does not encapsulate all there is out there. I also dont mind pricer alternatives as long as the added capabilities/price can be justified.

Software wise, i see myself making do with the default software/DAWs as I dont have the funds to purchase external DAWs. That said, I also see myself purchasing Reaper by Cockos in the future as it seems to offer a lot for just under 100 SGD.

About the Firewire/USB interfaces, i dont mind either as for what i'm doing i dont think it will make much of a difference right?

P.S: I'm running an ASUS F8sn with Windows Vista Home premium 32bit/4GB RAM.

I'd greatly appreciate any advice out there.

Back