article in UK's Guardian: girls with guitars

HEY HEY HEY! i'm a female guitarist alright! hahaha but i still suck.. and i'm not totally head over heels over that avril, although her songs are nice, but she's always playing those power chords and stuffs.

heh! I think more girls should really try out guitar, NOT as in play for a few weeks and dump it aside, open to all sorts of genre.

It's real real hard to find female guitarist, either they jus freaking pose with their guitars.

My female friends would go, waaah kaye? you play the guitar! SO COOL, i wanna learn too! and i tried teaching them, but after a few weeks they back out, they start to complain that it's boring and their fingers hurt. Aiyo.. they should just overcome it and carry on, then after a few months of -oh-i'm-dying maddness, they will sure enjoy it when they are able to play along.

personally i started playin guitar, after watching John mayer, i was really amuse by him, although he is not as good as those real god-like guitarist like steve vai or whoever you name it. After that maddness over him, i came to realise that music is something i really enjoy other than sleeping and slacking my life away.

Stop posing and have music as a passion, not as a -oh-so-in- trend.

Hmm.. i think i should really really improve. hahaha. I'm sure i'll improve :D rock on girls! hope to see more REAL female guitarist out there. oh yeah.. the donnas and faders, THEY are real hot!!

yeah its really hard to find good female guitarist here. BUT there are still some out ard just that pple dont notice and dont know. haha.

YES true true! although i only know of one though. Come on girls! show case your talent! too bad i'm still pretty bad :(

Yup, it's really hard to find a good female guitarist in Singapore, especially those who play METAL hoho. the boss here has got to be Rhapsody man. Solid female guitarist!!!! :wink:

Kaye said:
HEY HEY HEY! i'm a female guitarist alright! hahaha but i still suck.. and i'm not totally head over heels over that avril, although her songs are nice, but she's always playing those power chords and stuffs.

It's not about power chords lah.. it's musically.

Metallica uses power chords also what.. whats wrong.. :)

WHAHAHA.. no la.. i'm not saying that powerchords are crap. how i wish i can play those power riff, i sucks at it.

JOHN MAYER IS NOT GOODLOOKING.. he looks sometimes a lil retarded when he started singing and playing. hahahahahaha. BUT.. yeah i love his voice and those fingers. faints. john mayer.. hahaa ok i have to admit that i really admire him, BUT music is my passion! woo woo.. but yeah.. i'm bad at it.

hahaha what to do, i'm jus a typical girl.

i got to know about stevie ray because of john mayer, so i've gotta thank him for that. :)

anyway... of course there are good girl guitarists around, just give it a couple of years or so and we'll all be talking about them heheh.

I think more girls should really try out guitar, NOT as in play for a few weeks and dump it aside, open to all sorts of genre.

i feel that this applies to guys as well... not just girls, really..[/quote]

john mayer can really play the guitar. as in really play. even his so called "poppy" songs have pretty unique structures and chordwork going on.

gordonzz said:
I'm a sexist. I don't believe what shit females can do.

I have never ever take female guitarists seriously before.

I hope you change your mind one day then.

gordonzz, dont say things like that, you might think that it is fun but it hurts others' feeling. especially when i know that you are just kidding.

the thing is, there are some very good female guitarist. maybe not the type you see playing in a rock band but more like in a guitar ensemble. I will seek them out and introduce to SOFTies here.

nunob said:
john mayer can really play the guitar. as in really play. even his so called "poppy" songs have pretty unique structures and chordwork going on.

I agree.. he could do those fingerstyle stuff on classical.. electric.. really a good guitarist. and he got nice strat :D

gordonzz said:
Firstly, i'm not kidding. I'm bais towards girls.. call me MCP.. whatever..

I'm not saying it for 'fun' yeah. I'm merely just stating what i feel about this. Is this forum or this society so sensetive that i can't even state my views? I've already said im sexists.. you do not have to prove to me how good female musicians are or what.. and i do not need to change your views too. Let's just do it the rational way, stick to each of our own views. I did not diss anyone yeah?

In life everyone have their own bais, prejudices.. no big deal? so if people are affected with my thinking.. that what about those dickheads that diss punkrock or pop punk in SO many threads?

Com'on.. if you want me to shuddup just say so. I wont die if i don't post.

Thank you and no offence yeah? =))))))))))))))))))

Yes I agree dat freedom of speech is allowed here. But not to the extend of hurting and dissing someone. By stating the above post, u are already dissing a lot of ppl and look down to them, especially the opposite sex..

I ain't saying that u gotta change ur stand to attract more girls dude. But be more considerate.

Guys,

Taboo forum topics normally include material on racial, religious, gender issues which may provoke conflict.

Whilst every person has a right to their beliefs, please give a consideration that your comments may conflict with the beliefs of others.

SOFT is a great place to discuss local music ... lets keep it that way.

hahaha nah it's ok actually. i'm not hurt in anyway, it jus push the girls harder to improve! IMPROVE!

woo, go girls go girls! we can be good too! eh but it takes time.

everyone has the rights to voice out whatever they one, it's jus the person who is receiving it, should be more open.

oh yeah about john mayer.. aaaah. i love him. how i wish i can play the song "neon" that booboo dhalif can play neon leh. john mayer is real real real good. my motivation to improve.

there's lotsa female musician out there, jus that it's not as much as the guys.. just that they didnt really showcase their talent yet. heh.

peace peace

Back