Are You In A Chinese Rock Band?

jimz

1) How many of you are playing Chinese Rock? What's your band name? Do your band play covers or originals?

2) Do you think SuperBand is good for building up the Chinese Rock scene in Singapore?

I thought the super-band does not allow amplifications? If so, what rock scene are you talking about?

Phil said:
I thought the super-band does not allow amplifications? If so, what rock scene are you talking about?

i think at somewhere in SOFT, someone said the superband provide full range of equipment liao

hmm i checked it out on the channel U webbie. Amplifiers, bass, guitars, keyboards, drums and mics are allowed.

Yes..after the 2 days Superband auditions at Youth Park, Mediacorp really provide full rock band gig stage setup with drums and amps but the sound mixing was really bad. Vocal mic and guitars audio was really soft. The stage monitors doesn't seems to have any sounds coming out.

jimz said:
Yes..after the 2 days Superband auditions at Youth Park, Mediacorp really provide full rock band gig stage setup with drums and amps but the sound mixing was really bad. Vocal mic and guitars audio was really soft. The stage monitors doesn't seems to have any sounds coming out.

Be happy...even Stephenie Sun's concert have problems with sound, so it's not surprising with superband

Yeah...I saw that news too...Anyway, this is part and parcel of performing in gigs too... :D

The sound was mainly channelled to the judges headphones. Plus the fact that it was only an audition and not a rock gig, the sound problems were understandable. It was quite a challenge to make do with what there was and try to rock it out in only 2 minutes though :D

I am playing chinese pop rock band that formed just a year. We playing mostly covered songs(remix) and original songs. Still working very hard in doing originals. Never join the superband contest is a bit waste to us due to tight schedule. Look for my profile can find our website. ;)

Shawn

Please help by taking part in the survey below:

Survey on Chthonic:
1]Your age and occupation
2]Did you attend the last Chthonic concert in Singapore and Malaysia
3]Are you interested to see Chthonic perform live in Singapore again?
4]How much are you willing to pay to attend the concert- $20, $30 ,$40 or more
5]How many Chthonic albums do you own?

Please complete the survey and email it to us
at info@mourningsound.com

Thank you for your participation

http://www.mourningsound.com

Back