Are you addicted to soft?

seek professional help soon. Looking on a bigger level, internet addiction is something thats so real in the world of today and has been widely acknowledged that it can go on to more serious problems

LOL. i dont need professional help. once i got poly started, i'm as good as outta here really. i'll update only a few times a day. LOL.

I guess you're asking cos YOU'RE addicted to Soft? Just joined a few days and already 55 posts. :p

i know right?! SOFT IS TOO ADDICTIVE! they should put a warning sign. BEFORE YOU JOIN, PLEASE BE WARNED THAT YOU WILL BE CHECKING THIS SITE EVERY FEW MINUTES OF YOUR ENTIRE DAY TO CHECK FOR UPDATES. lol. AND SERIOUS INTERNET ADDICTION FOLLOWS!!!

I used to be addicted until some bad experiences chased me off. Now I just frequent the buy/sell forums because over there I can't be accused of doing things I didn't do.

hmm.
Do you feel that something terrible might happen to you if you dont come to soft for a length of time?

well, if you do, you guys are a little obsessive compulsive.

Perhaps people lurk around and subsequently visit on a very regular basis due to the fact that they yearn for that human connection. I know some people here sort of live for validation of themselves, as musicians or as a human beings in general, because I guess it's in their character that they have low self-esteem.

That's why you find some people get very touchy if you post something that kinda disagrees with these people's take on things, when it is quite obvious that you don't have to agree on all things to maintain harmony and civility but I guess people don't like to think that 'they are wrong', when there are no clear 'right' or 'wrong' with some things. Some things are purely subjective, situational and circumstantial.

Me? If you look at my posts, I rarely have something to say if it is about music technicality because firstly, I am not an instrumentalist. I do not specifically play the guitar, or the bass guitar or the drums or the keyboards, or whatever instrument there is. I can play the guitar, the bass guitar and the drums on a basic level but those who know me, know I am more of a singer. A casual singer who doesn't yearn for fame or artistic perfection or whatnot. A social singer, if you would.

Just sing for fun. entertain my friends, both old and new, and basically just belt it out (be it jamming with my band or at the karaoke) because I simply enjoy it, and I am decent at it.

So, it is not a priority for me, to pursue music knowledge formally, it is more of a de-stressing part of everyday life, one of those things that you do and enjoy because you can do with a certain degree of success, but not enough for you to, let's say, earn a recording contract and become famous.

So, back to why people may be addicted to Soft, or other websites for that matter, I attribute it simply to the need and longing for company and a sense of belonging, to feel that your presence in this world. It doesn't matter if it's just on an online basis (though I know lots of Softies keep in touch in the physical world, with other Softies).

It is easier, in fact. You don't need to dress up and drive or take the MRT or bus, you can just switch on your computers and start talking and relate to and associate with another person who may or may not be sharing the same interest(s) as you. Hell, you can even do it while being naked! :mrgreen:

So, I guess it's the freedom - to get in touch with another person without the social boundaries of colour, age and culture (sometimes) because most often that not, you don't know if the other person you are arguing with, or agreeing with, in a thread, is of the same age, sex, skin colour or what not, unless you specifically try to trace.

Well, like for most of the things that you encounter in your journey in life - just enjoy it, have fun but learn to balance it all up lah. As long as this doesn't interfere with your life and your goals, and what your parents want you to be doing - then just do it. You can learn, get to know more friends, experience the world and the different types of people, and you come out a learned individual.

:-D

LOL. i dont need professional help. once i got poly started, i'm as good as outta here really. i'll update only a few times a day. LOL.

Good luck with that. With WiFi everywhere now, especially in schools, I don't see how you are gonna run away from SOFT. Heh.

I just joined a couple of days back, and boy do I feel the addiction growing.

Could be the whole 'newness' of it for now, only time shall tell! ;)

i know right?! SOFT IS TOO ADDICTIVE! they should put a warning sign. BEFORE YOU JOIN, PLEASE BE WARNED THAT YOU WILL BE CHECKING THIS SITE EVERY FEW MINUTES OF YOUR ENTIRE DAY TO CHECK FOR UPDATES. lol. AND SERIOUS INTERNET ADDICTION FOLLOWS!!!

don't worry. i'm like that too. hahaha

Back