Anyone using yamaha n8 with cubase 5?

Dale

i bought the yamaha n8 digital mixer and it came with cubase AI 4. But i already got cubase 5. the n8 works the way its supposed to when i use cubase AI4. but when i use the cubase 5, its not working properly.

i noticed that cubase 5 does not have 'yamaha n8' on the remote devices at the device setup whereas AI 4 has it. so i tried to add the yamaha n8 from the 'add device' button...there are some other yamaha models there but not the n8.

anyone knows how to get this n8 to work with cubase 5? please help :)

Last edited:
thx bp. i've read the forum u gave me. and just got myself another problem. the forum suggestion was to download the new drivers and extensions from yamahasynth.com website. and now thats when another problem arised for me.
when i want to download the files, it will lead me to another page that says 'page not found'. it cant be my internet connection cuz its working fine. i dont know whether its my computer or others encounter the same problem too?

Yeaa thats the link.
Aww man, any idea where they hosting the files now? I've tried typing 'yamaha steinberg FW driver + extension download' on google but there are no other website i can find to download them ...

yo, I just got home from hatyai , oh man you know what's weird? I managed to click and search and found the link (same site) to download so I thought the link was working fine (unfortunately i cancelled the download at 20%) , then as I cut'n'paste here, to play safe I clicked on it again in case it's a "search engine" link, and now it keeps showing up 404 error on my site, then I'd refresh the page and there're times I'd manage to get the "Terms & Conditions" download page to show up but i can't download it anymore. so you may have to try again once in a while or try to dig up the drivers cd

I'll try it for you abit later on , if I manage to get it I'll download it and repost on mediafire or something for you. crappy yamaha site

yeaa i tried that too. i managed to get the "terms & conditions" too. but after clicking that, i goes back to 404 error. tried refreshing it many times. still no luck :( what a waste.

the thing is, I got it downloading once fully but i cancelled it halfway. so don't stop trying and meantime email them + find the drivers cd

will do. thx for ur help. i did email them already and still waiting for their reply. :)

heyy thx man!!...btw, i was just wondering how u manage to get it to download....the furtherst that i can get is the license agreement part and then error...did u keep pressing refresh on the page or u click back and click on the link again? just wondering....

I set the page as my homepage everytime I opened my browser and I'd click and see if it works.
it didn't work retrying over and over. it just happened to work just now out of random. then flip out again.

if the direct link works, then it's the website programming problem i guess.

THANKS BLUEPRINTSTUDIOS!!!! i've managed to get my mixer to work with cubase properly now. thanks to you!!! wooohooooo.

hey guys just to share,
if you use chrome and it gives a 404 error, hit backspace and reopen the link you want by Right Click>Open in new Tab.
It'll open the same page, and then click on the link again that you wish to download. If the download button doesn't work, repeat the process. worked for me!

Back