Anybody game for an affordable Suhr?

Whitestrat

http://www.rasmusguitars.com/

Check it out!!! Looks pretty bare, but hell, who needs bling? If these things are that well made as they claim, they should satisfy any guitar geek!

So what sets the Rasmus guitars apart from the competition? It wasn't merely enough to work closely with what we consider the best guitar manufacturing operation in Asia. We needed to go the extra mile so that the experience of playing a Rasmus is very close to playing a USA–made Suhr in terms of playability and sound. So with this in mind, we decided to offer genuine USA–made Suhr pickups, Japanese–made Gotoh bridges and the same German-made fret wires that we use on our Suhr instruments. The woods are of the highest quality imported from North America (Alder and Maple) and Indonesia (Rosewood) and meet our strict weight guidelines.
But this wasn't enough. Every Rasmus guitar will be Plek'd and set up by Suhr master builders before being shipped from the Suhr factory. Yes, we will disassemble each guitar, Plek the neck with our top–of–the–line Plek Pro computerized fret–leveling machine and do the set–up and QC check ourselves. You can be assured of superb playability due to the Plek process, excellent sound courtesy of the Suhr USA pickups, and reliable functionality offered by the same Gotoh bridges that we use on our own Suhr guitars

Apparently they DO live up to standards... Pete Thorn gave his review over at TGP - couldn't tell that the guitar in his has was a Rasmus until it was revealed to him.

From Mr Suhr himself:

These guitar are using our frets, our pickups (made in the USA) our hardware, USA or EU wood, Graphtech nuts., everything except the gears which are bitchin, no reason to change them.

After they are inspected in China by Ed Yoon personally... we rip it all apart and rebuild it including a plek job on the frets and yes cutting the nut on those models.

If they're going to ship all the stuff there to be built, then get it shipped back and dismantle and rebuild it then why not just build it directly in the factory? :S

Agreed... All that shipping back and forth seems very troublesome... And, to add, money consuming. They might as well just assemble the whole thing in the US, at least that would justify the asking price of USD 1.3K.

In my opinion...

No clue. Someone asked the same question in a later post, no reply yet. I'd expect the less value added processes to be done in Asia, like shaping necks, drilling holes etc. Anyway, wait and see. It's probably something that requIres finetuning.

so the factory is from china? and it's described as the best guitar manufacturing operation in asia? so it's better than the japan and korea guitar factories?

^ Why the hell not? Not every factory in China is a sweatshop. Also, it's part of this little thing called advertising.

Rasmus IS Suhr... It's John Suhr's Danish family name.

Precisely why im asking that... why cant they put suhr on the headstock at all? like rasmus by suhr on the headstock, rather than rasmus. it makes it sound like another brand entirely.
then again i never complained about epiphone and squire's brand name..

Precisely why im asking that... why cant they put suhr on the headstock at all? like rasmus by suhr on the headstock, rather than rasmus. it makes it sound like another brand entirely.
then again i never complained about epiphone and squire's brand name..

It IS Rasmus by Suhr... Though not on the headstock I think. That would be a move to allow Rasmus to grow as a brand on it's own rather than to allow it to constantly ride off the Suhr name. But the back of the headstock bears the Suhr logo.

no 7 string models available for rasmus as of yet. however, read that the Suhr modern 7 string has a default scale length of 27" :p. now that sounds very attractive..

what the fark?! Suhr is now going the way of Fender/Squier, Gibson/Epiphone and even Musicman/Axis?

Blasphemy! :evil:

Back