Any opeth fans out there?

bluepowder

Just rediscovering this band for the 10th time!!Ghost Reveries just tops my list for metal album in the last coupla years...

Anyone else completely floored by this band??

Anyone love jamming on some of their numbers??

5 years back I couldnt find 5 people interested in opeth...i prolly didnt look in the right places tho:p

they a pretty massive band nowadays right? ok not quite as huge as Dream Theater or Tool but at least in extreme metal circles they're mega!!!

Liked em since i first heard Deliverance / Damnation then moved back to Blackwater Park and Your Arms My Hearse. They're quite responsible for getting ppl back into classic 70s prog rock........

but i'm not so into Ghost Reveries i actually ahem think its a little too overcomplicated and overwrought, very tiring to listen to it whole way thru............

exactly my opinion 2 months ago...but in the last 2 months....Ive really taken the time to listen to it through a good audio system.....there is music on that disc that is ahead of its time.....:D

no shit the quality of the cd is really good, great mastering i guess.. however it is true that their tunes get repetative after awhile. But i will never get tired of the intro riff on The Grand Conjuration. Addictive riff..

its a very common opinion to find the riffs repetititive...but it just never struck me that way....perhaps it takes that time for the melody to sink in..

Me...

Demon of the Fall is one of the best metal songs ever...

Ghost Reveries is great but nothin beats the Still Life... Thats the album that got Steve Wilson wanna be involved with Opeth..

I'm a huge fan.

I just got the 'Roundhouse Tapes' and it's really worth the while and money.

Anyway, that's Akerfeldt in my signature.

i am listening to a lot of prog metal now, and opeth tops the list! i love the 'roundhouse tapes', defintely worth listening to it!

the roundhouse tapes are awesome...BUT Akerfeldt blabbers so much nonsense in between....in the words of Zappa...shut up and play yer guitar

I still think Ghost Reveries is the best album Opeth could ever offer. It was the first metal album I'd bought and I'm still in love with it.

The Grand Conjuration and Ghost of Perdition are just simply awesome music!

Blackwater Park was not bad too...

Back